“Who says you need to be within 60 miles of a coast to find good sushi??” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sushi Den

Sushi Den
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Den is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,977 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Florida
Transit: We are located a few blocks southwest of the Louisiana/Pearl light rail station.
Arvada, Colorado
“Who says you need to be within 60 miles of a coast to find good sushi??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've recently moved here from MN and were told by several people that the best sushi in Denver could be found at the Sushi Den. We've enjoyed sushi in many major cities around the country so were eager to find a good spot here. We were not disappointed. The fish is excellent, the chef's specials are to die for, and the prices are very reasonable. The drinks were priced a bit high but the sushi made it worth the extra expense. We've been impressed enough that we chose to spend the early hours of New Year's Eve noshing on the special of the day. The food is consistent and I promise you will be pleased.

• Visited April 2014

Aurora, Colorado
“Best sushi in Colorado hands down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great happy hours from 4:30 to 6 Mon through Sat. Great tempura and best quality sushi in Colorado. This place would be considered yuppies hang out, but long as foods are great that's all it matters. Their main sushi man are Koreans and Japanese. I'm not prejudice, but fact is they make the best sushi. No offense to other ethnical group, but can't match their skills with their cultural food

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

You wouldn't think that you could find great sushi in the middle of the country, but Sushi Den does it right, with fresh fish and unique rolls. Great place, just make sure you have a reservation or you get there early, otherwise you will have to wait.

• Visited October 2013
Centennial, Colorado
“Horrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Decided on Sushi Den for my birthday dinner as I had never been there and we had talked about going several times. We arrived just as they opened for dinner, as this place is always busy and does not take reservations. We ordered drinks and also an avacado sushi appetizer and because my girlfriend is gluten intolerant, she ask our wait person (female) for some gluten free soy sauce. We waited for it to arrive, and we waited, and waited, and waited.... Finally our wait person appeared with a tray of drinks for another table, but no soy sauce. She then ran back to the kitchen with the full tray of drinks to get the soy sauce after seeing the look on our faces.
After our appetizer we sat with empty drink glasses trying to get out wait persons attention so we could order, but she was quit skilled at not making eye contact while running to and fro. When we got her attention, I ordered the sushi dinner, which included soup and salad and my girlfriend orders the Scotish salmon. Suddenly my entree arrived, delivered by another wait person, but my girlfriend did not get hers and where was my soup and salad? They took back my entree and we got the, "I'm really having a bad day excuse, which was also used for the missing soy sauce incident and I was then brought my soup and salad. Well, about half way through my soup and salad, my entree appeared again and we went through the plate shuffle of trying to find room for everything. Next, I sat eating my entree for a least 20 minutes with an empty beer glass as miss "I'm really having a bad day", could not find the time to ask if I would like another and by the time she did, we were really ready to get out of there.
We dine out often, we tip well for good service, but this place obviously does not train their wait staff, as this young lady was clueless, which was reflected in her minimal tip. The only reason I am giving them two stars is because the food was good, but the service was a zero. There are just too many good quality restaurants with top line service in Denver to bother with this place. we will not be back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bud B
Denver, Colorado
“Best Sushi short of Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have eaten sushi in NY, Los Angeles, and Chicago and not had better sushi. Including some of the famous places. Yes, you often have to wait. No, they don't take reservations. Yes, parking sucks. But whatever hassle I've ever endured has been more than compensated for by the quality of the sushi. Not to mention the service, cocktails, and wine list are all great. I dream about this place. Whenever I'm in Denver it's an absolute requirement that I eat here. I don't often gush (check out some of my other reviews if you don't believe me) but I can't say enough about the five star, impeccable, fresh, absolutely sensational sushi. Every. Single. Time.

• Visited March 2014