“AWonderful Old World Italian Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Highland
Safety Harbor, Florida
“AWonderful Old World Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I had a great Italian meal at Patsy's with a couple of my photography friends after photographing the beautiful Denver skyline at night. Patsy's is one of Denver's oldest restaurants. It is in a comfortable neighborhood setting. The spaghetti is wonderful. I had the Half and Half. My friend, who is Italian thought that it was as good as his grandma made. I thought that it was delicious as well. Entrees are served with bread and salad or soup. Go with a big appetite. The portions are large. More than likely you will take some home. Service was excellent. Attire is casual. I will return with my family.

1 Thank Radiohutch

Las Vegas
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

A grumbling in my belly reminded me I had not eaten that day and as if answering my hunger, I passed a small, immaculately kept restaurant, "Patsy's Restaurant.". The bay windows facing the street sparkled red, reflecting garnet bricks.

Letting my impulse rule me, I crossed over the raised threshold, was greeted by a charming young woman in a tuxedo and seated in one of the bay windows with a prime view of the neighborhood. The young woman told me Patsy's Restaurant was the oldest Italian restaurant in the city. I sighed with delight, ordered one glass of white wine, and examined the menu carefully. After placing an order for pasta fagiola, I looked around the restaurant and saw, aside from the hostess, I was the only woman in the building.

Hmmm ...

A loud, white-haired man was seated at the adjacent table. He sat strumming his fingertips, sighing, glancing at his watch every few minutes. About 15 minutes later, another man arrived to share his table. They knew each other, I could tell, but the loud man became louder, and the second man was very quiet, very distinguished, and there were awkward pauses as the loud man tried to fill the silence with loud, forced comments. The second man spoke so softly his companion had to lean forward to hear the sounds.

My pasta fagiola arrived with hot bread - absolutely breathtaking food. I was enjoying the experience so much I ordered a second glass of white wine (Don't judge me! I was on vacation!) and let the classic meal delight my taste buds. I glanced around the restaurant again with a sense of unfamiliar recognition. The two glasses of white wine had mellowed my sharp edges. I sighed, left the server a generous 35% tip (she deserved it!) and wandered back onto the main street to seek another bus.

Later that afternoon I talked with my friend about the restaurant and I laughed out loud when I heard this city had an extensive Mafia background. Patsy's Restaurant is probably a part of that history. It was probably as close as I could get to the Mob without getting my knee caps broken.

Simply outstanding!

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank JRinLasVegas
Oxnard, California
“Old-school Italian restaurant north of downtown Denver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I am told Patsy's has been in operation since 1900. The lunch menu is limited to a few very well done items: 2 salads (I had the spinach - great on a very hot day for Denver:100deg!) some pastas and etc. The kicker is the pasta is homemade along with the sauce. The sausage is manufactured somewhere nearby. The neighborhood is somewhat sketchy but appears to be slowly gentrifying. The choice of locals for many years.

Visited July 2012
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great homemade italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I ate at Patsy's for the first time in June 2012. Friends that live in Denver suggested we try it out. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and looks very old, but neat. I ordered the lasagna and it was absolutely amazing. My boyfriend had the spaghetti and meatballs and it was delicious as well. The waitress was very friendly and the service was good. Looking forward to going back and definitely recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Old style Italian with comfortable atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been eating at Patsy's since the late 1960's and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The current owners are related to the original family. The homemade spaghetti with peppers is one of the dishes I have totally enjoyed and order often. The meals come with salad or soup. The dressing on the salad is fresh and tangy and the ministrone soup is always delicious, hearty, and wonderful! I eat lunch there mostly and the clientele includes police officers, priests, nuns, families, business people and others that you see at places that serve great food. I occasionally eat supper at Patsy's and find it a cozy and romantic place with a variety of dishes that I enjoy.

• Visited May 2012