“Good Steak and Great Service; please fix the noise and poor music choice”
Review of Sullivan's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 18th Street
Transit: Union Station on the Light rail is 1 block West of the Restaurant. Enjoy a great evening downtown and a short walk to the trains to take you home.
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Steak and Great Service; please fix the noise and poor music choice”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wonderful wife and I came here for Valentine's Day dinner. We were unaware that the restaurant had a fixed price/limited menu offering for Valentine's Day as it was not explained to us when we made the reservation. Our experiences at restaurants with such special offerings has generally been sub-par, but I am happy to report that Sullivan's did it right. $99 plus tax and tip got you dinner for two with decent choices for entrée, salad, side dish and dessert. We had no difficulty finding choices that satisfied our tastes. Frankly, given the quality I thought the price was a bargain for Sullivan's. Drinks and additional appetizers were extra.

The steaks were cooked to perfection. I had a NY Strip and my wife had a Filet Mignon. Size was just perfect. Sides and salads were delicious as well. Desserts were wonderful. Sullivan's has a very extensive wine list that includes some bargains (by restaurant pricing standards) if you know what you are looking at.

Our server was "Jacob". He was excellent. Very efficient and helpful. He did everything right, was there when we needed him and conveniently vanished when we didn't need him. Thanks, Jacob for adding to our happy Valentine's Day celebration.

Only nits were the crash, bang, boom from the open kitchen area and the poor choice of background music piped through the restaurant. Sullivan's is a pretty classy place and '70s-'80s rock and roll just didn't match the otherwise classy atmosphere. ("Blinded by the Light"...c'mon, really?)
Otherwise this was a great experience.

• Visited February 2014

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am giving a rating of 4 because: 1) Service was solid and courteous 2)The atmosphere was nice albeit a little loud 3) Calamari was excellent as was dinner - scallops, lobster stuffed shrimp, outstanding salmon. We were too stuffed for dessert. Would I rank it as my one of my favorites in Denver? Honestly, no. We choose it because it was close to our hotel. Another two blocks and we would have been at Elway's. It's the difference between very good and outstanding. They did have a very affordable prix fixe menu for Valentines Day weekend, although we didn't use it.

• Visited February 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great Dinning”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The food and service was excellent, the wait staff could not of been better, the food was to Sullivan's high standards and the cocktails made to prefection

Visited January 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I had a NY Strip and Skillet Mushrooms and I loved them. If our table of 21 people had no complains it means everything was very good. I would say it was a 5-star service. Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
“Poor Management”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had 6:45 reservations on Saturday, December 14, 2013. We arrived on time and were told it would be a few minutes before our table was ready. After an hour and 1/2 we talked to a manager who said he would have us seated quickly. After more than 2 hours we left. We will never return due to the inexcusable poor management. Too many good places to eat in Denver that respect their customers.

Visited December 2013