“The best of its kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of WaterCourse

WaterCourse
Ranked #67 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: WaterCourse has been a Denver staple since 1998, and has been fully vegan since April 2014. WaterCourse specializes in delicious and filling comfort food with many gluten-free and nut-free options. Our featured dishes include Banana Bread French Toast, Street Tacos, and Southern Fried Cauliflower "Chicken" served with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy or Mac & Cheese. Along with our seasonal menu, we offer amazing vegan and gluten-free desserts and milkshakes to top off your meal!
“The best of its kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I remember going to the Watercourse when it was still a hole in the wall back in 2000. It immediately got the attention of the entire vegetarian community, and not long after it caught on with the meat-lovers, as well. It is that good! The atmosphere is lively and the service is good. It is great value for money. I highly recommend it to anyone - meat eater, vegetarian or vegan.

• Visited August 2013

Colorado
“Great for meat lovers a like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant in Denver.
I've taken all meat lovers with the exception of one person and everyone loves it. The portions are big, the food tasty, the service is good to great, and the crowd eclectic.
The biscuits and gravy hands down are the best I've ever had. I get egg with mine and the yolk adds moisture to the biscuits. Yum.
Good beer selection and by far the best most in town buy one get one on Sundays.
A must go.
Get there early or a on a wait. After stuffing yourself walk to the park for a nap in the sun.

Visited April 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great variety of vegetarian dishes. Helpful staff as well.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Three of us had a weekend lunch which started with the cheese board and some soup. Both were very good and surpassed our expectations. Our mains were a salad (custom made from a variety of ingredients to chose from) and tacos with veggie chorizo. Both were excellent though the taco ingredients were a bit too greasy/oily. The coffee was flavorful and bold. The server was very helpful and kept up with our needs despite being quite busy. Overall, a good value and wonderful dining experience. If I am back and looking for a vegetarian dining option they head the list.

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Had a horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I visited in mid-September after reading very positive reviews. To be fair: this review is not about the quality of their food, and was only my experience with one individual.

I told the waitress that I had nut allergies, and she nodded. I ordered a dish and she said it didn't contain nuts. When the food arrived, I took two bites and realized something was really wrong.

I asked again if it contained nuts, she kept saying no... at this point, my lips were red and swelling, and my throat was getting scratchy. I asked for the wait staff to get benedryl, and they did, but I repeated again (because I wanted to know what I was in for) my question "what nuts were in that dish?" FINALLY the waitress said "It doesn't contain nuts, but it is made with cashew milk." Unbelievable. I left, then spent the next 3-4 hours vomiting and overheating and had to alert my hotel staff to keep an eye on me in case I needed to go to the ER.

Please be aware of this if you have food allergies.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tee610
Anchorage, Alaska
“Most amazing vegetarian dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Best vegetarian chicken and waffles I have ever had (or may ever have). Food portions are large and prices are very reasonable. Drink selection was huge, from beer to teas. Cute atmosphere with excellent service. Do not miss if you are a veggie in Denver.

• Visited November 2013