“Old World”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Highland
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Step back in time and enjoy real Italian food. The spagetti is not only like Grandma used to make - she's probably in the kitchen cooking it....

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My MIL has talked up this place for years and we finally arranged a family dinner here to celebrate a birthday. The place was very crowded which surprised me. Its not well set up for all the noise and the staff seemed overworked and behind. The food was average: greasy fried foods, boring salads and pastas. I dont see what all the fuss is about honestly. Not worth the time and expense.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place has gone downhill. 20 years ago when I first went here the food, atmosphere and waiters/waitresses were great. 20 years later and this place has changed for the worst. The food was just simply not that good. I could have cooked the pasta and sauce better myself, why pay $30+ a dish for it when you can do it at home for $5!? When I eat out, and at those prices, I expect it to taste good, I guess that was asking too much from here anymore. There was just simply no taste, the chefs must have changed and don't know how to make a decent meal anymore. The food just was not up to the standards at all, no taste, just plopped on a plate. Service was mediocre as well. And it was way over priced nowadays.

The best part of the meal was probably the wine.

I read somewhere recently also that this place might be closing down soon? Perhaps this is why the food was so bad? I don't know, but even so, they should go out with good taste, not bad..

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I grew up around there. Not a good neighborhood at thetime. Now it's up a coming. I was so excited to go there on my 16th birthday with my boyfriend! We have been married 40 years now. We went recently and it is simply great food and service and atmosphere.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Wish I could be more of a regular here, but everytime we make the trip here for a dinner, we are never disappointed in the service and food.