“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Brazil
Ranked #121 of 2,974 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Brazilian, Seafood, Latin, South American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

If your going on a date, it just want to enjoy amazing food, go to Cafe Brazil. The people are so friendly, the atmosphere is very nice, and the food is the best you will ever have. Not one bad thing to say about this place.

Denver, Colorado
“A So-So experience, that is too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have to start off by saying I love black beans and rice. I grew up eating this as a comfort food. It did remind me of food my mother use to make, which is a positive, but I cannot see paying $15 a plate for black beans and rice. I ordered the Feijoada Completa which is black beans and rice with sausage (very little sausage) and collard greens, and fried bananas. When I asked the waitress what type of sausage was used she said Italian sausage, which is weird for a Brazilian restaurant. It was good but not really worth the price. The staff seemed discombobulated and unorganized. The dining room was almost empty and the hostess mumbled something and disappeared for several minutes. She came back and seated us. The only soup on the menu was gazpacho, which I am not really a fan (it always reminds me of salsa).So I would suggest at least having two soups or something else that people can choose from. When the dessert came by I was looking forward a really good brazilian dessert and they didn't have any. Every dessert mentioned had a shot of liquer on top of it. If I want a shot I will order it , please don't pour it on my dessert. My overall Report is A So-So experience, that is too expensive.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Amazing Beautiful Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Chef Tony is a master with flavor and food. The black bean soup is simple and delicious. Every detail is carefully executed down to the perfect cuts of peppers and carrots. The FEIJOADA do TONY and da Marla is so complex with black beans, potatoes and carrots topped with green onions and cilantro, served with a traditional plate of rice, fried bananas, farofa, collard greens, orange slices. We loved it. My friend had the CAZUELA COLOMBIANA with prawns and chicken. Flavors that I have never experienced.

Great wine selection. Amazing service - kind friendly staff that made us feel like it was a special night out, and we were the only guests there.

If they have the semifreddo dessert, you must try it. I have never tasted a gelato like this - hazelnut and coco I think - wow!

• Visited June 2012
Lakewood, Colorado
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've been a Cafe Brazil fan from the early days; I've never had a bad meal or had poor service. My wife and I eat mostly fish, and there's always a good selection here. We crave their appetizers like the Palmitos or fried manchego. And they have a good wine list with reasonably priced, but delicious wines. While we can't afford to go here often, we always go for special occasions.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank dirtriderroger
Colorado
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Love the seafood..excellent.. and atmosphere..really fun.

Been to Cafe Brazil? Share your experiences!