“Our Favorite”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Love At First Sight
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've been a Cafe Brazil fan from the early days; I've never had a bad meal or had poor service. My wife and I eat mostly fish, and there's always a good selection here. We crave their appetizers like the Palmitos or fried manchego. And they have a good wine list with reasonably priced, but delicious wines. While we can't afford to go here often, we always go for special occasions.

2  Thank dirtriderroger

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Love the seafood..excellent.. and atmosphere..really fun.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Cafe Brazil serves wonderful South American cuisine in a vibrant and lively setting. The bar area, also known as the Rum Room, offers a wonderful happy hour. You can order tropical cocktails such as Caipirinha's and Mojitos. Your first drink is also served with a complimentary tapas. The dining room is brightly colored and full of energy. There are so many wonderful entrees to choose from. My favorite is the Seafood Copacabana. Cafe Brazil is only open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday. Reservations are recommended.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

You need reservations on weekends and even sometimes during the week. I've never had a bad meal there. They always have specials that are fresh (fly in fish, local lamb, etc.). They do run out later in the evening.

I love the national dish. It's collards, rice, black bean stew, a special spice, and you can get it with chicken breast or sausages. You put it together yourself. It's addictive. I like it because it's savory. A lot of the food is sweet (not sugar- fruit) which I am not thrilled for, but everyone else seems to love. The specials usually include at least one savory dish and there are other savory dishes on the menu. The calamari itself is typical fried BUT the sauce that comes with it is something I dream about. It's garlicky, tomato broth with spices.

The meals are complete- meaning you get soup or salad (seasonal) and sides. So it's not like you are paying a la carte. The service is very friendly- hardly any turnover which tells you something. The atmosphere is quaint. They have some parking or you can park on the street.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We live in Castle Rock, CO and asked our friend where he wanted to go for his birthday dinner. They live in the northern suburbs of Denver. He chose Cafe Brazil (which is less then a block from our old home) We sure wish this incredible restaurant was around when we lived up there.
The menu was wonderful, the staff was from every corner of the planet and the drinks were limited to wines and rum drinks but were still taste and interesting.
We had a great evening with old friends and now new ones. We can't wait to go back and enjoy Cafe Brazil again.