“Nice place for a special occaision”
Review of Mizuna

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Cross street: Sherman
Transit: 8th & Grant
Description: Opened in April 2001, Mizuna showcases Frank Bonanno’s dedication to fresh, simple ingredients and seamless service. The menu changes monthly and features dishes that range from local game to peekytoe crab. The fare is imaginative and artistic, but pure, clean flavors render even the most exotic fare familiar. Rated by Zagat’s as one of the top restaurants not just in Colorado, but in the nation, Mizuna is ultimately an American-style restaurant heavy on French technique, influence and philosophy.
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We had our 37th anniversary dinner here. The food was amazing. I ordered Lobster Mac n Cheese as an appetizer to share with my husband. It was so delicious. My only complaint was that it wasn't big enough. I had the Duck entree, which had duck confit, and duck breast, both of which were so amazing. My husband had the NY Strip, which he said was cooked to perfection and delicious. The service was excellent too.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Mizuna is one of those fine restaurants we visit once or twice a year. It has always been excellent and so it continues. Fine, creative food preparation, attentive service, good selection of wines by the glass. Try the Manhattan Madre!

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

The quality of the food was outstanding but the service was lackluster. They were not very attentive. The service wasn't at all bad just not on par for this level of restaurant

As just one example, there was no explanation of the tasting menu option...so we just ordered ala carte. Not a big deal to most people but I'm guessing the owner would want to know that we spent $38 on dinner instead of $90 for the tasting plus wine flights that would've taken the tab to 150 per person or more.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Mizuna is since a long time for my wife and me the place to celebrate anniversaries.
Last night my wife had "burgundian escargot" (strange presentation but taste was okay) and "dry aged magret duck ("very good").
I had "palisade peach gazpacho" - and I liked it a lot. Surprise! Very juicy and tasty!
But the "washington King Salmon" was very disappointing. First I hated the "popcorn puree" because I hate popcorn in general and second because it made the fish taste awful.
And I believe that $36.- for a really small piece of fish was not a fair deal at all.
We drove home thinking $180.- for both of us (including drinks - no bottle of wine) are not justified!!

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We saved the best for last!!!! This was by far our best dinner of our 4 day trip to Denver and the RMNP. We were not dressed appropriately due to last minute decision to dine here but were made very welcome and comfortable in outdoor seating area. Food was FABULOUS. Only regret not eating there more than once