“Biscuits worth writing home about!”

Denver Biscuit Company
Ranked #9 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went to DBC on the recommendation of a family member who heard about it in Atlanta. I was a bit worried because neither the bellhop nor the taxi driver knew about it. It was worth the drive and more. Yes, their main offering is biscuits but they certainly are unusual. Catfish, chicken, sausage, ham, etc - the Franklin is the most popular and our favorite. Sweet potato fries were great and the mimosas kept on coming. We will return on our next visit to Denver!

1  Thank Crayon755
There are newer reviews for Denver Biscuit Company

Reviewed January 25, 2013

So the review is under the Denver Biscuit Company, but really this is three great places in one. The Denver Biscuit Company is located inside the Atomic Cowboy, and there is also a sweet pizza joint called Fat Sullys as well. So lets start with the biscuits. Not an extensive menu, but they obviously specialize in Biscuits, and they do it well. The have a nice assortment of put together dishes, but you can also start from scratch with a biscuit and add items to your liking. Perhaps the best thing they offer though is thier cinnamon rolls. I would strongly suggest not leaving without trying one. Next is Fat Sullys. So the Biscuit Company closes around 2pm, but thats ok, because you can come in the evening and have a beer and a slice of pizza from Fat Sullys. Huge Pizzas, with good prices. If its busy, it can take a while to get your pizza, but hey, just more time to drink beer. Lastly the Atomic Cowboy, which is the bar that houses both the restaurants. It has a nice atmosphere, and a nice selection of drinks. The service is hit or miss, which is the only draw back to the whole place. Often you will finish your drink without notice, and despite the small size of the bar itself, the staff seems over extended. This problem can be avoided though, if you choose to you can order the pizza from the window yourself, and also order your drinks from the bar. Overall is a great experience, and the food will make up for the sub par wait staff.

1  Thank Ken R
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Good portion size. Good service. Neat atmosphere. It took some time or our food to be prepared, but worth the wait for sure.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

OK, my diet started earlier this week, but I had to put it on hiatus, as the menu was simply irresistable! I had the French toast biscuit with a sausage patty and an egg over easy... heavenly! My buddy went for the catfish and shrimp grits and a biscuit. On top of the food, the atmosphere is fantastic, the coffee is great. Our server, Shayla, was not only extremely helpful and a great server, but also fantastic to look at.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We live near this restaurant and had passed by it many times, received flyers for it in the mail but it wasn't until we saw it highlighted on a CNN special about "eating locally" recently that we were motivated to try it out.

Like so manyof the better breakfast restaurants around Denver on a weekend morning...if you're not among the first to get there...expect to wait. If you approach the experience knowing that you're going to have a wait to get a table, you'll have a better time.

I had the Franklin - loved the peppery-ness of the sausage gravy! Delicious. I wished I had gotten an egg on mine as the biscuit is so big that it can make a biteful seem dry. Having the yolk of the egg in the combination might have alleviated that.

My partner had the Dahlia - he loves french toast and he loves apple butter and he loves chicken fried chicken...so he was in heaven.

I'm a huge Odwalla fan so it was nice that they offered their orange juice on the menu although they deliver it to you in a glass so that you don't really know for sure that it's Odwalla or not. I do wish the beverage menu offered more options for those who don't drink coffee or soda.

I did find myself wishing that I had a side or something with my dish...as a traditional breakfast would have - some hash browns or something to diversify the meal a little.

One thing I really like about this restaurant was that I could actually have a conversation with the person at my table even though the place was packed. Maybe it's the high celings, maybe it's the high backs on the booths...but I wish that other restaurants would figure it out and follow their lead.

But all around this was a very positive breakfast experience and I look forward to going back and trying other things on their menu as well as trying the pizza from Fat Sullys which shares the space with them.