“Unique Home-Grown Plays in an Intimate Venue”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denver's Dangerous Theatre
Ranked #169 of 263 things to do in Denver
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I am not an active play goer but one of the plays in this venue caught my eye so I visited it last night. The theater is just off of 6th Avenue and Federal with plenty of parking. The theater is sparsely staffed in order to keep costs low, so we saw the owner doing a lot of the work such as taking in people at the door for tickets, etc. The theater produces many locally written plays and gives 40% of proceeds to the actors which I thought was pretty cool. The theater also has free soda, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and snacks (when I went, mainly sweets and cookies) which I thought was totally cool, and it's also... drum roll please... BYOB which is pretty rad, they even have a cork screw out for you to open your wine when you get there. I enjoyed this particular production, which the owner wrote and produced. It was funny, quirky, and I enjoyed how "different" it was than the usual fare. The one minor downside is that the seating is basically one step above folding chairs, the chairs are upright with metal frames though they do have nice cushioning on them, but the main downside was the tables so small and wobbly that I kept kicking or almost kicking it all night, spilling my free tea, but hey, given that it was free that was no big deal. If you like home grown things and supporting local businesses this is one for sure to try.

2  Thank LiquidSapphire