“Nope ”

Thai Basil
Ranked #1,460 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I love the atmosphere at this place and the friendly service but the food was not very good. I like more authentic Thai and this was super goopy and thick. We ordered the beef pad see yew and the tamarind Shrimp and it was suuuuper sweet and bleckkk. I wouldn't go back. But you know, if you like your Thai food like that, Bon appetite :-)

1  Thank Funkus1
There are newer reviews for Thai Basil

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Would highly recommend this place. My family and I went for lunch. We'd never been before. I can't attest to the other reviews about the service during busy hours, but we didn't have a negative experience with this. And the food was excellent. We had the spring rolls, a salad with peanut sauce (fantastic!), royal chicken, pad thai, and the grilled fish (dinner portion size). All were fresh, flavorful and had the whole family talking about how good it was. This is very surprising because my family is very picky. I actually liked the pad thai the least, although it was still good. It had more of a sweet plum taste to it than the traditional pad thai taste that I am used to. Atmosphere is nice, a little small and dark but overall nice. Hope this review helps!

1  Thank Shadowblossoms
Reviewed March 11, 2014

What can I say about Thai Basil - it's affordable, super-quick, and reliably good. While I'm sure there are plenty of good Thai restaurants in Denver, Thai Basil's various locations serve up decent selection, cheap beer (with a food purchase) and the bill doesn't get too far out of control. Order ahead for take-out.

1  Thank Brad J
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although this is a small place, difficult to find and not much parking, the food was excellent and the staff attentive. I had food to go as well and it was equally fresh and flavorful as the meal I ate in the restaurant.

1  Thank FoodieWiner
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had the Phad Thai and it was a very small portion. Went at lunch, and the hospital crowd was there. It lacked flavor, and I was not given an option of spice amount. The Thai Ice tea was good. Price wise just OK. Would I go back, no.

1  Thank airebornranger