“It's the REAL Deal!”

CELL - The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab
Ranked #128 of 256 things to do in Denver
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab (CELL) is dedicated to preventing terrorism through education, empowerment and engagement. As a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution, its one-of-a-kind exhibit, renowned speaker series and training initiatives provide a comprehensive look at the threat of terrorism and how individuals can play a role in preventing it, ultimately enhancing public safety.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband & I took my retired Air Force brother visiting from VA to the CELL Museum. First, we were greeted by 2 very friendly, informative people at the counter that got us started on the self guided tour. Unless you live under a rock, much of the information you should be aware of as far as most recent acts of terrorism. However, it was much more. It educates you in the how's and the why's. When you come out with a not so "feel good" feeling then it has accomplished what it's intent is. Terrorism, especially Domestic, is REAL. We need to be educated to be alert, spot, report, etc. It did not scare me, just opened my eyes and gave me some simple observations to look for in day to day living that could help. We all need to watch out for each other and learn what they are and then do something-report. This not not a TV reality show; this is for real. You will come away with a different and somber awareness. Highly recommended! (I feel the age to view should be 13+).

2  Thank magoos2011
There are newer reviews for CELL - The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed CELL and worth the adult ticket of $8 each. Some of the exhibits are graphic but the overall intent is to raise one's awareness of terrorism and to be alert to what's happening around us. Given the horrors of terrorism over the last 20 years, surely we would all want to know how we can help prevent further acts by being alert and knowing what signs to look for ....what is suspicious and what is not. It would be a good idea for every city to have a CELL.

3  Thank Val D
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We went through the museum in about 45 minutes. Expected more....It was mainly videos and touch screen computer modules. Did not really learn anything new. There was a beam from one of the twin towers. Did not meet my expectations.

5  Thank Antoinette0703
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you've read the newspapers and watched the news over the past decade, there's nothing new here. I don't know what I expected, but it was more than you get. Don't bother.

6  Thank MountainKaren
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Cell Learning Lab is well worth a visit. Plan about 45 minutes to see the entire exhibit. The layout and visuals are well done.

2  Thank Beach80126