“Worth the wait!”

Ranked #70 of 3,095 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The food and wait staff were absolutely amazing. I had the Cajun Benedict and it was great. Substituting the shrimp/crab cakes for the biscuits is a genius idea. The Cajun spice was just right and the jalapeño grits are a great addition to the meal. My wife had the country breakfast and said that it was done perfectly. My wife's friend joined us, she recommended the restaurant, swears by the steel cut oats.

The wait staff was very friendly and courteous. The made sure that we had plenty to drink and that our food was done to our specification.

The only negative things about Sassafras was strawberry banana smoothie and the wait time. The smoothie had too much orange in it. That was all I could taste. I was expecting strawberry and banana, not orange.

The wait time seemed a little long, but like the title says it was worth the wait.

Great restaurant, when we are back in Denver, we will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was a very quaint little house and everything about it was charming. We loved the salt and pepper shakers, the napkins, the glasses, it was all too cute. The menu is small but there is a good variety. Everything we had was delicious. We are from the south so we have had better biscuits but the ones here were still very good. We loved both of the jellies that were on the table and made sure to try the milkshakes before we left. The Captain Crunch milkshake was a hit with my teens.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Seriously. Go here if you value uniqueness and real food that is actually made from scratch. I personally had the Cajun eggs Benedict and a blackberry basil lemonade. Both were awesome! At our table we also had B's and G (their biscuits are perfection, and naturally gravy from scratch), brioche French toast with bananas and creme anglaise, and the BBQ plate. They have house ketchup, hot sauce, and jellies which are awesome. Every one of us left very happy and satisfied. A friend got the buddy bar shake to go. Man, was that thing DELICIOUS! I adore the cozy unique decor and neighborhood feel. Our waitress was nice and helpful. Service was a little slow, but is to be expected to a degree with a small from scratch joint. We hardly noticed as we were happy to slow down and enjoy the food and atmosphere. This will be must visit when we come to Denver.

1  Thank angie c
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We loved this restaurant- great decor and atmosphere, inside and out. The food was delicious, too- especially the French toast, both my son and myself had it. Our grandson had had 'Mickey Mouse' pancakes at another establishment and when ordering here- he asked for them again- the chef was very accommodating and made his pancakes into a Mickey shape. We were all pleased with our breakfast and would recommend it.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Homemade bacon and sausage. Amazing biscuits and gravy. Perfect French toast. I took my 3 boys to breakfast here and we shared everything. It was so good. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu. It's going to be a real pain adding this place to every denver trip I ever take. I wish I didn't live 5 hours away.

I can't say enough good things. Long wait on a weekday morning was explained by the excellent food, service and Creole charm.