“great afternoon!”

Lowry beer garden
Ranked #306 of 2,985 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Henderson, Nevada
“great afternoon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Before or after you go to the Lowry Air Museum, eat and drink at the Beer Garden. If I lived here, I would visit often. They have an excellent selection of beer on tap (Colorado and Oregon are beer heavens, maybe San Diego a close third). The food selection is pretty basic type, but with interesting twists. I had an elk brat with some spicy kick to it. It's order up front and served fast food style, but much tastier than any chain joint. I noticed the Idaho spuds boxes on the way to the rest room, and the fries were tasty. (Sorry, but Colorado spuds just don't have the flavor that Idaho gems do....) Our servers were very pleasant. It was a beautiful Spring day and we spent about four hours here and the museum. Really, really nice. I saw some Yahoo article about top ten beer gardens in the U.S. and this was one. So far, this ranks up there with the Deschutes Public House in Bend for me.

• Visited May 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Stop After Wings Over the Rockies”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Not exactly a destination but I can see why it's popular with those in the Lowry neighborhood and it served us well after visiting the museum next door. No table service, we missed the line but it did get long at points during our visit. Kid friendly, long tables and benches. Covered "inside" eating area with a few TVs for catching the game as well as plenty of tables outside. A bit hipster (consider the neighborhood) but it was a pretty mixed crowd and everyone seemed to be having a good tme. I enjoyed my burger and there are plenty of front range beer choices for the grown-ups. Kid menu, full bar, good fries. Brats too but we didn't try those. It's a stretch to call this a beer garden in the European sense but enjoy it for what it is.

• Visited April 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Great beer - good beer!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I go here a lot and we love it. It's a good way to spend an afternoon having a couple of good Colorado beers and one of their excellent brats - they have a wide variety. Good hamburgers and pretzels as well.

Denver, Colorado
“Great beer, along with anoyign drunk parents not watchign thier kids.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first complaint was that you can order drinks from a wait person, but have to go up to get food, but you can also get drinks when you go up. Too confusing and very annoying to have two separate tabs.

The burgers were decent, but the rest of the food was too fair food like. The pretzels and cheese didn't come close to those in other German themed restaurants. And the chilli on the fries tasted canned, not acceptable in Colorado.

The other thing that gets me is that this place seems to be the hang out for all the yuppy Lowry parents who use it so they can get drunk and not have to watch their kids. Kids are running around and spilling ice cream. There are games everywhere for kids, and kids were tossing frisbees around and almost hit me a few times. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but not in a beer garden, and not when their parents are rude and drunk.

It seemed more like a circus, than a beer garden. I was quite disappointed. The burger being good and the good beer selection are why I said poor instead of terrible.

• Visited February 2013
Red Bluff, California
“Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We had been at the Air Plane Museum and decide to have lunch. You walk right next door to this cool, hip joint. The beer choices are great, the food is delicious and the staff is wonderful. Prices are good and well worth the food. Would go again!