“Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #14 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this location. The rooms are great. The young man who retrieved my car Sunday morning was friendly and helpful! The front desk evening staff Saturday night were very friendly and welcoming!

• Stayed September 2013
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5-star review! I’m glad you decided to come back and stay with us again. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent two nights at SpringHill Suites, which is located Downtown ... close to the heart of the city. The room was spacious and well-equipped, and breakfast was very good. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Denver.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CH-Travellers
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you the review! I hope you enjoyed your time in the U.S. and look forward to having you stay with us next time you’re in Denver. Thank you for recommending our SpringHill Suites!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a little while ago, but a recent conversation with a friend who was talking about water pressure in the hotel he recently stayed in reminded me to give this review.

This hotel is beautiful and is in a great location. The rooms are nice and comfortable, arranged well, and very clean. The staff was very welcoming, accommodating, and helpful. I wanted so bad to give this hotel five stars, but just couldn't after thinking about my evening and morning shower in my room's bathroom. If you're anything like me, and appreciate a water-drenching shower in the evening to wash the day away and a burning hot shower in the morning to wake you up, this hotel will not provide it for you. While I am all about reducing use and conserving, there is something to be said about a nice shower at the end of a day of working and traveling. Don't get me wrong, the water doesn't trickle out of the shower head, but there is absolutely no pressure to it - so little that each stream of water from the top falls to combine with the ones below it, creating a five-inch diameter of water to shower underneath. Not much, considering how small the streams of water are. It took me forever to soap up, soap off, and get clean, it was incredibly frustrating. Not to mention, I got in the shower freezing cold (it was very cold December day) and got back out feeling no different.

It was just such a lack-luster shower and very disappointing way to start and end my day that it left me feeling it was the one thing this hotel really missed the bus on, thus the four star review. Like I said at the beginning of this, this hotel is great, but the showers leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I apologize that our water conserving shower heads were not to your liking. It seems that most new hotels are making it a priority to be eco-friendly, and our hotel is no different as we are pushing for a Gold LEED certification. Hopefully the shower pressure will not be a deciding factor in your decision to come back and stay with us. Safe travels!
Hickman, Nebraska
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on Thursday, August 28, 2013. My friend had made the reservations and guarnteed them with a credit card. When we arrived a young man, we found out later, named Nicholas checked us in. He ran the credit card and said it was denied, so we had to pay up front $563.00. This was embarassing to all of us. When we returned home, my friend called the credit card company to find out why the card was denied. They credit card company said the charge had been approved and that it was the Hotel that denied the use of the card.The hotel was reserved for three and when we arrived in the hotel room, there was only 2 sets of towels and 2 coffee cups and 2 water glasses. As much as this hotel charges, I felt they could get the room set up properly. Also, when we left to do some sightseeing, we put the sign on the door to " do not disturb". Upon returning, there was a maid in the room cleanng up. When we approached the desk for information, the front desk managers always seemed to put on the air of "we were bothering them".. I didn't feel like a vaued guest. The best part was the valet service, which we found out was not part of the hotel, but a separate business contracted to the Hotel. They were wonderful in taking us downtown and picking us up. That was the best part of our trip to Denver.I am dissapointed in the service or lack of service we received from Springhill Suites. Jan V.

Room Tip: There was no swimiing pool and we would have liked to try to relax. Also, there was only one compute...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jan V
tulsa
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and son stayed here in July, right after attending the freshman orientation at University of Boulder. It was the perfect place for a married couple with their 18 year old son. Not only was the room great, the free breakfast and free drinks were nice. (We didn't have the free dinner--too many good restaurants to visit in downtown Denver.) We wanted to stay there again when we dropped our son off this August but the price had tripled. If we weren't on a budget, we would have ponied up the extra money!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mvctulsa
Thank you for your 5-star review! It looks like you all took advantage of the reservation package that included dinner in Larimer Square! I hope you all come back to see us next time you’re in the area. Best of luck to your college bound son! Thanks again…
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It's a location and new building type of place; however, here's what my visit details...

Requested a specific suite 2 weeks prior to visit as it was an anniversary stay - they said it wouldn't be a problem to get a great room...same deal 1 week prior. Show up - sorry, we only have this view of the building next to the hotel...the other rooms aren't available. No self parking - valet is $28 a night. Requested a late checkout - was told they can't do a 2pm checkout because of "renovations" when the hotel is 1 year old - was told she would "put in for a 1pm checkout" but couldn't promise that. I only stayed because it was close to cirque du soleil while they were in town.

I have had over 100 nights in Marriott's over the last year and this was the first time I've been told a late checkout couldn't be done without paying a half day...

If you're here for the location and new building - I can't complain there...but do t rely on the staff to make it a pleasurable stay from their end.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We always try to deliver the best possible accommodations to our guests, especially when they are celebrating an event as important as an anniversary. I apologize that we were not able to honor the room request you had made prior to your arrival, as unfortunately, we are never able to guarantee a specific room in advance. We do our very best to offer late checkouts when they are available; and in a case like this with extenuating circumstances we always offer luggage storage if your travel plans do not coincide with our 12:00pm checkout time. I hope these issues did not interfere with you and your loved one enjoying your anniversary. I apologize on behalf of our entire staff and would look forward to having you back in the future to show you what kind of service we are capable of.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed mid-August for one night, as we were really unhappy with the previous night at a Marriott and wanted to move. This hotel is in a great location for walking to restaurants and has such easy access to I-25. Beautiful, comfortable, clean room; public spaces are lovely as well. Very good breakfast and wonderful service from all staff, props especially to Michael McIntosh. Will definitely stay here for future trips to the Denver area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank P L
Thank you for the awesome review. I’m sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience at the hotel you stayed at the night before coming to see us, but it sounds like our hotel and staff was able to make your stay very enjoyable! I will let Michael know about this review, and commend him on his guest service!