All reviewspepsi centerstate universityvalet parkinglarimer squaregreat hotelsports venuesnuggets gamefree shuttlestreet mallwithin a mile radiusminute walkmile high stadiumcoors fieldsports authority fieldvalet servicefew blockswalking distance
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was in Denver on April 12 for a hockey game at the Pepsi Center and spent the night at this hotel. The hotel is very well situated across the street from the Pepsi Center. From the airport, I took the SkyRide bus to the Auraria Parkway stop, which took about an hour, was $11 and is about 100 metres from the hotel. It was a 1pm game and the hotel allowed me to check in early, just before noon. This is a newish hotel. The rooms are clean and nice and the room rate that I got on Expedia was very competitive. The hotel is conveniently located a couple of blocks from the Market Street area where there are numerous restaurants and bars. In the morning, I walked the 100 metres to the bus stop and caught the SkyRide bus back to the airport. Very easy and very convenient. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, regardless of whether I am Denver for another game or for business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

We appreciate all the excellent feedback you provided about our hotel. I’m glad our location was so convenient for your travel plans. It sounds like we were a perfect fit for you in getting to and from both the Pepsi Center and Denver International Airport. See you next time!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip for 2 nights. Might normally expect more of a motel experience from a SpringHill, but this is a new (opened in August) hotel, very modern, well designed, with excellent staff. My room was large, comfortable, with good amenities-very good environment for relaxation and for work. The free breakfast is good. Great location too--right next to the triple campus of Metropolitan State U., U. of Colorado, Denver, and Community College of Denver, which is a great place to walk; and to Larimer Square, which has tons of interesting restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated! We hope to see you again next time you have business to attend to here in Denver. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I frequently stay in the Lower Downtown section of Denver for business. I found the Springhill Suites in my search for the first time and decided to give it a try. GOOD decision! First, it is a brand new property, modern architecture and decor. Second, it is located on the edge of LoDo, not in the center of the district, which makes arriving and departing the hotel MUCH easier than those hotels I've stayed at in LoDo; yet all the attractions are about the same distance. It's only 3 blocks off the 16th Street walking mall, which stretches for 20 blocks or so. I used to stay right on the mall or a block off, but I still had to walk or ride the bus up and down for the various restaurants and shops; plus the short trip to my office was very difficult from those hotels. The Springhill Suites is on the Auraria Parkway, so I just took my car and followed the Parkway directly to my office parking garage. The location is very convenient!

I had the breakfast in the morning, and I was very pleased with the hot sausage and eggs, toast, cereal, and of course coffee. The buffet was well set up, clean... And an attentive and friendly server stood by to refill my coffee, pick up my dirty dishes, and fill me in on their new property.

Valet parking was mandatory, which is true for most of the LoDo hotels. This was the source of my only down-grade of this hotel. I had to wait several minutes for the valet to deal with the cars in front of me. Had it been any busier I wouldn't have been able to pull off the street into the drive. However, once he arrived he was very quick to help me out of the car and provide me with the contact info for pickup of my vehicle. (I used a text message for the first time to retrieve my vehicle and it worked perfectly!)

The value for my stay was excellent. i booked this hotel for $30-100 less than the hotels I've used in the past. Granted, the service level was not as high as at the 4-stars I've used, but it was comparable to the Residence Inn and Courtyard Marriott's (I usually choose Marriott-chain hotels), and still the cost savings.

Overall, I was VERY pleased with my stay, the location, the employees' attitudes, and the value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your review, the feedback you provided us is much appreciated! I’m glad our location was so convenient for you, and that our staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back next time work brings you to Denver.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days for a business meeting. The staff was awesome! Drew, Mike and Ray were the best and were top notch in customer service. Our meeting rooms were spacious and comfortable at all times. The food the hotel served during the meeting was fabulous!! The General Manager stopped and checked on us each morning. This hotel had fantastic customer service and a wonderful General Manager. Thank you so much for the great first time experience in Denver!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review! We’re so glad you decided to have your meeting at our facility and it sounds like everything turned out great! I will pass along your feedback to my Overnight Staff and have them keep up the good work. Thanks again, see you next time!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here recenetly for five nights and can't fault the hotel.

It's location is excellent, right on the Auraria Parkway so for those travelling by bus from DIA, you have literally a few minutes walk from the bus stop to get to the hotel. Also, within walking distance of the hotel is Sports Authority Field, the Pepsi Center (right across the street), and Coors Field. 16th Street Mall is also a short walk. I really can't fault the location of the hotel, it was absolutely perfect. The only downside of the location and it's really something I can't grumble too much about is that it's right across the street from a fire station. I was woken up many times during the night by fire engines leaving the station but I guess this is to be expected. Just something to be aware of though if your room is facing the intersection on Auraria Parkway.

The room was one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in and for the price, well worth the money. The bathroom was immaculate, shower was large and you're provided with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel as well as loads of towels. The bed's huge and very comfortable with extra bedding in the cupboard. You have a small fridge and tea/coffee faciliies, flat screen TV with cable, a desk and sitting area with telephone. You also have the option of wired or wi-fi internet. Every day though you'll need to confirm you accept the terms and conditions of wi-fi use as it'll log you off every 24 hours. This took only a few seconds and you're up and running again.

Breakfast was lovely with a varied selection of hot food each day. I always found more than enought to keep me going as along with hot food there was a waffle machine, cereal, fruit, yogurts, milk cartons, fresh juice, tea, coffee, muffins... everything you'd want!

Staff were lovely, especially the cleaning lady who said hello and had a big smile every morning.

The hotel has a fitness suite on site, and also a small shop which sells basics like drinks, sweets and some personal grooming items (you'll need chapstick in Denver so luckily, they sold this!). The shop's a little overpriced but downtown is minutes away and it's a nice city to walk in.

Also, there's a burger bar pretty much over the courtyard of the hotel if you arrive late and are hungry as the hotel has no room service. They also gave me menus to other places.

Great hotel, would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for your detailed 5-star review! It sounds like you really enjoyed the hotel, and I will be sure to share all of your praises with the rest of the staff. We look forward to taking care of you next time you’re in Denver. Thanks again!