All reviewspepsi centerstate universityvalet parkinglarimer squaregreat hotelsports venuesnuggets gamefree shuttlestreet mallwithin a mile radiusminute walkmile high stadiumcoors fieldsports authority fieldvalet servicefew blockswalking distance
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip to Denver where I was going to a Bruce Springsteen concert at the Pepsi Center. Although a website showed this hotel as a couple miles away from The Pepsi Center, it was basically right across the street- very convenient. I stayed there from Sunday to Tuesday morning, after the Monday night concert. The first shocker was that valet parking was $25 a day, but when I checked the website I booked it on, it was listed right there. Easier than trying to find parking in downtown Denver, and at $109 a night, the hotel was a bargain. I did have an issue at check out, where they charged me $149 a night, versus the $109 rate I'd been quoted on Booking.com, but that was resolved when I pointed it out to them. Note: Always check your bill for errors when you check out. It is easier to get it resolved before you leave. After we checked in Sunday night, my neice and I asked the front desk where to go to eat close by. There response: "Go to the 16th Street Mall. There are plenty of places to eat." Not exactly helpful, no specific recommendations and there isn't a concierge, so some more knowledge by the front desk would be appreciated. There are Chupa Chupa lollipoos at the front desk, which made my (21 year old) neice Kate very happy. There is also a snack area in the lobby with chips, food you can nuke and ice cream for those late night cravings. The hotel was nicely decorated, with lots of artwork around and an open area with a staircase next to the front lobby. Our room was a handicapped one, which meant no bath and handrails on the shower. I wasn't aware of this when I booked the room. It was a large room, a suite, with a couch and desk area, free Wi Fi (always appreciated), a coffeemaker, microwave and mini fridge. There is a gym (small) on the first floor, but no pool. The room was clean and inviting, with a big LGTV a nice view out the window and relatively quiet. The housekeepers were pleasant and the toiletries were nice- Paul Mitchell Shampoo and citrus sage soap, with liquid dispensers in the shower. If there is one thing that I really think sold this place, it is the breakfast buffet, which is better than your average stale bagel, continental breakfast found at many chains. It is really good and the lady that works it very nice, and helpful- making sure you have everything you need and replacing items as they run out. They have coffee, tea, newspapers to read and a TV to watch to catch up on the morning news. There was scrambled eggs (no great shakes), hard boiled eggs, potate and sausage scramble, delicious quiche with spinach and bacon, whote wheat bread, english muffins, croissants, muffins, cheese and ham slices, and oatmeal with different toppings, fruit, apples, bananas and yogurt. Quite a spread, with something for everybody (including my vegetarian neice) and it makes the price of the hotel room a real deal. On Monday, I took my Kindle and went to the end of the hall on the second floor and read- very peaceful. On Monday night, after the concert, it was so easy to walk across the street (singing Bruce songs), walk upstairs and hit the sack. All in all, it was a great experience.

Room Tip: I liked the second floor, but wasn't crazy about getting a handicapped room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We heard great things about the Springsteen concert, and are grateful you decided to stay with us! Thank you for all your great feedback about the hotel and staff, I will be sure to follow up with both my Front Desk and Breakfast Staff accordingly. Next time Bruce comes to Denver, you know where to find us!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel because it was right across from the Pepsi center. When we arrived the elevators were not working. When I called to make the reservations I asked if the rooms had bath tubs they do NOT even though I was told they did. The rooms were very small and the phones did not work in either room we were in ( I asked to move to a room with two beds in hopes it would be bigger). The only good thing about this hotel was the people who worked there were very nice! I will not go back no matter how convienient it might be!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kklein17

I want to apologize about the problems you experienced at our hotel, and that our rooms were not big enough to suit your needs. We have worked out the mechanical issues that occurred during your stay and hope that you would consider coming back to see us again. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I had to plan a very quick trip to Denver (even though we live in Colorado Springs) over a Wed, Thur and Frid night recently. Our son was competing at the Pepsi Center for state wrestling championships and we looked last minute for a close hotel and thankfully Springhill Suites had a room available.
This is a very modern and up to date hotel with all the ameneties that one would need. There is a small refriderator in the room that is not out in the open so you do not even hear it at night (very nice if you are a light sleeper!) There is an iPhone docking station so that you can charge your phone over night...another very nice thing in case you forget to bring one (um...yea the hubby forgot to bring his! LOL) There are lots of plug in for all your other chargers (yea... with cameras and computers that were necessary for this trip that was a true plus for us!) and there was a nice desk area as well.
The bath room area is very nice and sleek lines in there as well. It is very well lite as well. The entire room will greet you with lighting so you do not have to come into a dark room - something if you are traveling alone is a true plus!
The bed was very comfortable and temperature in the room was never too cold. They do have extra pillows and blankets in the room just in case (and I ALWAYS used them!)
They do have valet parking which is $25 overnight (which having driven around downtown that seems to be the going rate for parking in Denver). There is a nice fitness facility in the hotel with a few treadmills, elpiticals and some free weights and it looks out onto the main road looking out across the road to the Pepsi Center. They do also offer breakfast in the morning...although when we got there with 3 to 4 wrestling teams most of the food was scarfed down! LOL but I sort of expected that anyway. So I can't fault them for that at all!
I am sure that this will be another location that we will come back to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel and all of its amenities. It was great having you all here to keep us updated on how the tournament was going and we look forward to hosting you all again next year when wrestling season rolls around. In the meantime, feel free to come see us if you have other plans that bring you to Denver!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Prior to my arrival I have several interactions with Anne Frye. Anne was a pleasure to communicate with. She confirmed the reservation and wanted to make sure that everything was in line prior to my group’s arrival. She made me feel like I was the only guest that she had to accommodate for the weekend at the hotel. I was even more impressed when Anne took time out of her day to come out and meet me when I was checking out Monday.

At check in, I met Heather Martin, Front Desk Supervisor. She should be promoted!!!! What a pleasant and patient individual. Saturday and Sunday night, my group spent several hours in the lobby having a great time interacting with Heather. Heather was awesome during the entire 3 day stay at your hotel. She never once acted like she was being put out when anyone in our group asked her for assistance, directions, etc... Her smile was radiant. Her customer service was impeccable and she was a trooper when it came to our fun. She even help me design a cajun ice chest, milk crate and plastic bags (got to love it), to keep drinks cold for the group Sunday night for my volleyball team and the adults chaperones.

The breakfast provided was top of the line, fresh with variety, and the group really enjoyed the special accommodations made for the volleyball teams.

The hotel property was very clean and well maintained. The wooden log tables were the all the talk....

OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING

We will be back next year.......

Room Tip: You will enjoy the stay. Ask for Heather Martin... She is awesome!!!! Every room is quite and clean. Well designed. Very close, 3 blocks, to the shuttle on 16th Street and walking distance to the heart of downtown.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for this great review! Heather is the best isn’t she?! We are lucky to have her on our team. I hope you and the rest of the team had a great time in Denver, we look forward to having you back with us next year!

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently was faced with the challenge of finding a new home away from home in Denver. I was looking for a hotel that met numerous requirements....good location to downtown while being centrally located to the interstate as well as nightlife... Check!
Easy check In and parking... Check!
Clean, and modern yet relaxing and comfortable... Check! Spacious without busting the bank.... Check!
I loved the lobby that doubles as a Lounge during happy hour.... Great decor, friendly staff.... I was thrilled!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your awesome review! I’m glad we were able to be your home away from home, and that our location worked out so well for you. Please come back and stay with us again soon!