All reviewspepsi centerstate universityvalet parkinglarimer squaregreat hotelsports venuesnuggets gamefree shuttlestreet mallwithin a mile radiusminute walkmile high stadiumcoors fieldsports authority fieldvalet servicefew blockswalking distance
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here while in town for a Bronco game. Short walk to the stadium and right across the street from the Pepsi Center and Elitch Gardens. The hotel is really quite nice for a Springhill Suites. I have stayed in several of these over the years and this one is by far the nicest in terms of just about everything. The light switches do take some training but once you have them figured out they make sense. The shower is unique by having the controls on the opposite wall of the shower head. Makes for an easier start up but be warned...it takes several seconds for those temp adjustments to make it over to the water flow! I assume the water thirsty city of Denver requires one of the weakest water pressures you can have so I wont lay this one on the hotel...but is is really weak. There was a Reb Robin Burgerworks right on site but it has strange hours and was closed the whole time we were there. Numerous places to eat in the area and several pubs/bars well within a very short walk. Standard free Breakfast buffet was what you expect for this type of hotel. The only major gripe is the parking situation...unless you want to park down the street at a public lot (block away), be prepared to pay the $25 parking/valet fee per day...this is quite pricey and would have preferred another option.

Room Tip: My room faced the main street and I did not hear any traffic. The glass is quite thick so I would assume most rooms are the same?
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our Hotel is LEED certified, which has equipped us with some great energy conserving technology (Lights/Showerheads). I hope you enjoyed the Bronco’s game; it has been a great year of football in the Mile High City! We hope to accommodate you again during the playoffs!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Ok this is truly coming from the heart. I"m a member of the Marriot Rewards program and I go to JW Marriott often in Los Angeles with my kids but honestly I thought it was going to be a typical two/three star type of suite like Crestwood, Homestead or Extended Stay. My jaw dropped because this place is beautiful they have a modern touch to it and it's a walking distance from all the great restaurants "Tom's Urban 24" is my favorite in particular. The view of the city is amazing and in particular the staff is amazing! I go and have breakfast and they have quiche, turkey sausage it is really healthy and delicious! Not what I expected and everyone asks how you are doing. Andrew at the front desk is such a sweetheart and quite knowledgeable of Dowtown Denver he recommended all of the places to go to for the kids especially during the holidays. Check out Zoo of LIghts, Denver aquarium and I"m excited to check out the Trail of lights! Whether its the holidays, family trip or business you will not be disappointed in this hotel and their awesome staff :)

Room Tip: Check out Denver.org they have great deals for tourists or business travellers!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Wow, thank you so much for this review, Leilene! We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel, and were able to explore all the great things Denver has to offer during your stay. We look forward to taking care of you and your family next time you are in the area! Have a great New Year!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I agree with many of the substantive comments about the hotel already mentioned below. It is a brand new hotel, beautifully decorated, with a great work area and extremely comfortable beds. Also, I don't normally get excited about light switches, but this hotel has done something brilliant that I expect other hotels to follow. When you enter the room, there is one switch that allows you to turn on all of the lights. And when you are going to sleep, there is a switch next to the bed which allows you to turn off all of the lights at once. No more getting out of bed to figure out which switch turns of which light.

The real part of my review has to do with something unrelated to the physical property. When I was checking into the hotel at around midnight, the clerk asked me if I was traveling for business or pleasure. I told him "Neither." I was there because my 13 year old daughter had just been through a 10 hour spinal surgery at a nearby children's hospital, Living 45 minutes away, my wife and I decided that it would be easier to stay at a hotel for the first 2 days, so we could more easily be with my daughter around the clock.

The valet was standing behind me and said "Give me your keys, no charge for valet parking." The clerk got me checked in quickly and asked if he could get me anything. All I wanted to do was sleep, but I was wide awake at 4 AM, and switched places with my wife. When she arrived at the hotel, the valet's first words were "How is you daughter doing?" The front desk clerk greeted her and then made sure that she had some food to take up to our room. The acts of kindness continued as my wife and I switched places for two days--continued concern for our daughter, the valet refusing to accept a tip from me, the front desk clerk making me a new pot of coffee at 5 AM.

Great service is one thing, but sympathy and kindness is beyond what I would have ever expected. I was too sleep-deprived to get the names of the night crew that was so kind to my wife and I. But if the Hotel GM reads this, we stayed the nights of December 6 and 7. Please again extend my thanks to everybody who went out of their way to look out for my family.

3  Thank JDiT
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

This review is great! I will be sure to share it with my staff and let them know just what a great job they’re doing! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully your daughter is back to full health, and you all are enjoying the Holiday Season. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future! Thank you!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Ok first let me say the hotel is beautiful, the front desk friendly and the location great but, if you don't remember to leave the "do not disturb" sign out good luck sleeping. The maids woke us up not once but TWICE the same morning. I sort of figured they would get the message the first time but they didn't. Also, the glass bathroom door is really cool looking but, if one person is trying to sleep while another is in the bathroom, light comes pouring out into the room.

There is also a great looking lobby that looks like a cocktail lounge. Only there is no cocktail lounge....not even a mini bar in the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We are glad you thought our hotel was beautiful! It is never our intention to disturb our guests when they are trying to sleep, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks to your feedback, I will follow up with my Housekeeping Department. We do offer alcoholic beverages in our Market, just for future reference, and we sincerely hope that you would consider us the next time your travels bring you to Denver. Thanks!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel was very affordable. Easy access to the night life in Downtown Denver. Easy walk to the main drag of bars etc... within two blocks of lots of things to do. Valet parking was always accessible and the employees were very efficient and friendly. The rooms were beautiful. Great decorations, very classy. Great deal for the price. Booked on hotels.com

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! I'm glad our staff exceeded your expectations; we strive to be the best in our business! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Valet Staff, and let them know their hard work is not going unnoticed. Hope to see you again soon!