“Never Noticed It Before”

Cody's Cafe and Bar
Ranked #896 of 3,109 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Serving Italian cuisine with a global twist. Everything we serve is homemade using only the freshest ingredients with an organic focus. We offer tapas (appetizers), salads, sandwiches, pizza, pasta dishes, seafood, and gourmet desserts. Tell them Greg sent you and get FREE spinach cheese wontons with any entree!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This small, neat and modern establishment evaded my eye for a long time. But, I'm glad we dound it and tried it. We enjoyed a nice lunch. It is located in a strip mall near Iliff and Havana.
As stated, it has a modern feel and look. The bartender/waiter, Jessica is obviously a "foodie". The menu has lots of variety in terms of food, beer and wine selection.
It's a small place with big flavor. We had the Fish and Chips and the Kitchen Sink Pizza. The fish was tasty and fresh. The kitchen sink pizza was just that. So many things on it that you had to really look hard to see them all, but you could certainly taste them all. The menu has lots of other pizza selections as well. As a matter of fact, you can build your own pizza using everything including the kitchen sink.
And, Jessica, our waiter was friendy (with a quick greeting as we came in the door) and knowledgeable of the menu. She provided the kind of service we appreciate... helpful, attentive, but not a pest.
We shall return.
PS... they are participating the the Denver Restaurant Week, Feb 23-Mar 8.

1  Thank Rick-Aurora

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok so this quaint little restaurant and bar is possibly the COOLEST find in my 8 years in Denver. It is VERY discretely located in a small strip mall on Iliff just East of Havana. The decor inside is very upscale better than say an Olive Garden. The food was MUCH BETTER and MUCH CHEAPER. Not sure why I am making comparisons because this has a completely different feel, but it is under Italian. The food here is border line gourmet for regular prices. If you stop by you ABSOLUTELY have to try the banana chocolate won tons. I still have dreams about them, and I'm a guy. This place is great for couples or families or a group. We went for my birthday and I am waiting or another excuse to go. I think Valentines Day is taken care of.

In short I can not praise this place enough. You NEED to try this place. Then thank me later.

3  Thank SkiNadroj
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I live a mile from this restaurant and drive by it nearly every day. I've gotten to the point where places in the strip shopping centers don't even catch my eye. On a friend's recommendation, we tried this place, and we were pretty darn shocked. The place is very cute (not cheap like a lot of places out here). Nice vibe, very comfortable, clean, stylish. The service is great: friendly, attentive. It was a positively yuppy experience in a part of town that doesn't offer many! The food is Italian inspired, but not hardcore Italian. Is Italian fusion a genre? We tried several things and loved it all. Very solid menu, and everything was "very good" if not outstanding. We will be going back because it's so pleasant. For anyone lamenting the lack of a cute place for a nice dinner out with friends, get past the exterior and go inside. You'll probably like it.

3  Thank TJSullivan