“Enjoyable!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Denver, Colorado
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Let me start by saying I am not an Mexican food eater normally so my opinion should be taken for what it's worth as someone that thinks good Mexican food is warm chips and no big chunks in the salsa.

I ate here with my family of four and another family of four one Wednesday evening in March. We had a table for 8 and were seated right away. They brought chips and salsa. The menu says the first basket is free but subsequent baskets will be $1.25. We had a few baskets of chips but weren't charged for the extra. The menu is extensive but it took a bit of time for our order to be taken. But the wait person was very sweet. I ordered two appetizers for dinner knowing I'd share some with my husband and kids. I got the appetizer nachos and steak quesadilla and water.

My kids each got kids meals. One got a cheese quesadilla and the other got an enchalada plate. See photo. One of my friends got some big combination plate. See photo. My quesadilla was good! I really liked it. The nachos were also good. I got them with the beans on the side and my son ate them. They were good too. The whole meal was good. In my limited experience with Mexican food I liked it and I would return. Everyone left full.

With tip it was $55 for my family of four. That felt reasonable based on everything we ordered and the nice service. We'd go back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MileHighGirl

Golden, Colorado
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Don't let the modest building keep you from giving this restaurant a chance. After deciding not to wait in line for a nearby chain on a Saturday night, we thought we'd check it out. I had one of the best margaritas ever. The menu was extensive, which is sometimes worrisome--how can they be good at all of those items? I suspect they are because our meals were obviously individually prepared, served hot, spiced just right, and about twice what we could eat. If you want upscale ambiance, move on. But if you want great food at reasonable prices, they fit the bill.

• Visited April 2013