“A lovely place for GREAT sushi”
Review of Aoba

Aoba
Ranked #560 of 3,094 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was a delicious spot on Blake street. The sushi was exquisite, perfectly prepared and reasonably priced, There were some minor errors in service but this was easily overshadowed by the quality of the food. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe this place was so quiet. We went here twice on our trip because we enjoyed it so much. The service was perfect, our glasses were never empty, there were never dirty plates left on the table and the food was fast and so delicious. We went during happy hour and found several items on the happy hour menu and the regular menu. Everything was absolutely perfect. I really enjoyed the portabella and eggplant nigiri, the veggies are grilled which gives it a smoky flavor, so good!

1  Thank Katimae
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Located along Blake Street where all the evening action takes place so thought to stop in for my sushi fix.

Prices good but sushi just average. I did try the Spicy Tuna with Mango roll and it was very good otherwise just okay.

Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We recently ate here - seven people - so we tried lots of things from their menu. Sushi, tempura, etc. Their food was very good, standard Japanese fare you would find at any higher-end sushi place, so you won't be disappointed if perhaps not wowed. The place is very well decorated, and the service really shines. Strong recommendation. If I lived in Denver, this would be a place I would be coming back to.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Service is excellent. My new favorite and the only sushi joint that educates me on more of what I already didn't know. Service is fantastic, sashimi melts in your mouth, cherry plum wine is to die for. John's the most amazing waiter, educates you on the food