“Best Weekend Get Away”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Collins CO
“Best Weekend Get Away”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I always stay in a Denver LoDo /16th Street Mall area Denver hotel, but this time I decided to try a different locale -- Cherry Creek. The JW is one of the few hotels in Cherry Creek and we are Marriott fans. The entire experience was impeccable from check-in to departure. The location is fabulous and the property itself is gorgeous and made you feel so special to be a guest there. Spencer H. deserves a special "shout-out" for ensuring that our anniversary celebration was extra special by sending Prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries to the room. We were also given concierge level access to enhance our stay. Thank you so much to all of the JW Marriott staff for making this an amazing anniversary get away weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stansnikki
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience.

Seamless, perfect service is our primary goal at all times, and it is always so fulfilling to know we've achieved that. Most especially, thank you on behalf of Spencer for your glowing review. He was through the roof when he saw your comments, and they are most appreciated,

When you return to Denver, I am available to ensure that your next experience is once again exceptional.

BJV
JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been here and enjoyed the second home restaurant many times but never stayed before. We worked with Sarah for a wedding night event of 50 people. she was excellent in helping us put together the event she was on top of everything.

The rooms are incredible. The views from our room was perfect of the mountain's. But seriously the bathrooms are over the top the shower is luxurious.

Talked to couple who got room on Hotel Tonight for under $200 that's a steal for a JW property. Jump on it if you see that deal. Worth it!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pjsioner
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. It is easy for us to compliment Sarah as she is indeed "excellent". I hope that you find yourself staying with us or popping in for one of our unique cocktails much more often. See you soon!

Cheers,
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family of 4 stayed in separate rooms with adjoining doors. They were comfortable and clean. All the shopping and restaurants were in walking distance of the hotel. The gym is clean with full functioning equipment. The only thing missing is a swimming pool and hot tub.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kelli H
Thank you so much! I am thrilled that you had such a great time. I know how important it is to savor the time while traveling with family and I hope you got to make many wonderful memories here at the JW Marriott. I look forward to many more great stays, please let me know when you are coming back so that I may say hello.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay in Denver. The location is in a very nice area with lots of nice shops and not in downtown (which is nice b/c there are a lot of homeless people in certain areas of downtown).

The staff is great....the restaurant is excellent (esp this incredible fudge brownie marshmallow desert).....the only reason I can't give 5* is the rooms are not 5* level. They are nice, the showers are good but they are more Marriott than JW Marriott. Not bad but just not great.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AdamLoewy
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for sharing your experience. I know my team and I love hearing that our guests enjoyed being in our hotel. Please let us know when you are coming back so that we can ensure your stay is perfect.

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek,
nm
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I traveled to Denver for a girls weekend getaway. Our stay at the JW Marriott at Cherry Creek was such a pleasure. Thanks especially to Guest Service Manager BJ Vigil who really knows how to take care of hotel guests. I can't say enough about his generous efforts to ensure that every aspect of our stay was enjoyable and comfortable. He is truly an asset to Mariott. The rooms were comfortable, spacious, attractive, and immaculate. The onsite restaurant was excellent. And the service outstanding-- esp BJ. We hope to return and can't recommend this hotel more highly.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank mojo1984
BJ V, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to add a review on our page. I am thrilled that you experienced the top-notch customer service that we strive to provide to every single guest. We believe that our guests' recommendations are the highest form of thanks that we can receive and I cannot thank you enough. I am glad we had the opportunity to exceed your expectations. I look forward to seeing again very soon.

Durango CO
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I booked a room for a weekend in Denver that included Valet Parking and Breakfast. We had stayed here during Christmas last year and enjoyed the experience. We were happy that we had valet included as it is $30 per night with no other options. We took showers prior to attending a concert with no hot water. When we told the front desk the employee told us they have issues with the hot water and we need to run the bathroom sink at the same time. That didn't work either. They sent up maintenance who left us a note that it was fixed but the next day it was just as cold. After the concert we returned to the hotel to find that a party was going on downstairs and the music was loud in our room on the 5th floor. When I called to complain the front desk said the party would end at 1:00AM. He offered to give us a fan for "white noise" to drown out the music. The next morning we went to breakfast with our voucher only to be told that our "breakfast included" package only gave us the option of ONE menu item, bacon and eggs. To be fair they were great, but nowhere on the offer did it say it was limited to ONE item. Tonight we returned to the room and it was not serviced by housekeeping. We called for towels which took 15 minutes to get here and then enjoyed another cold shower.
There are too many options at the $300 price point for anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ga2rbait
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. While it is never easy to hear that we have failed to provide the service you (and we) expect, it is important for us to know so that we can improve. I have shared your comments with our staff, and will be implementing additional training so that your next visit will be flawless from arrival to departure. Please let me know when you are planning your next trip to Denver, as I would appreciate the opportunity to assist you personally and earn your loyalty. Thank you again.

Guest Services Manager
JW Marriott Denver
amsterdam
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We enjoyed our two days at this hotel very much, in the nice Cherry Creek shopping/restaurant part of Denver. The staff were very friendly, and the room was superb. Our experience was unfortunately marred after our stay when we discovered we left an expensive toiletry bag in the room. Numerous phone calls to the hotel did not generate an adequate response, and they were not helpful at all in trying to retrieve it. The friendliness seems therefore somewhat superficial.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank topq
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us! I think the Cherry Creek area really shines in the summer sunshine. Thank you for letting us know about your toiletry bag as well, so that we can take care of this and also train our staff for a swifter response in the future. Please let me know when your travels next bring you to Denver; we hope to have you with us again.

JoAnn Elston