“great hotel and service!”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #18 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Flower Mound, Texas
“great hotel and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the JW Marriott Cherry Creek Denver for my son's graduation celebration and had a fabulous time! The hotel is in a perfect location, nice area to walk and explore, lots of good dining options as well. Hotel staff is excellent, always a warm greeting when you return, they really are happy you are there. Always a pleasure to see Michael and BJ, I will stay at the JW Marriott in Denver every opportunity I have, always a great time!

Room Tip: mountain view rooms are very nice
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank runnergirl48
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
On behalf of Michael, BJ and all our staff, thank you for your review! The greatest compliment you can give us is your loyalty, and we are delighted to have earned yours. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

JW Marriott Denver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at the JW Marriott in Denver Cherry Creek and were treated like royalty! Beginning with the staff at the front desk, it just got better and better! What a beautiful hotel! They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and even sent a personal note to my room! The next morning we walked along Cherry Creek and did some shopping. What a lovely place in such a convenient location! The patio, restaurant and bar were great as well! I hope to stay there again and again!

Room Tip: View of the mountains is excellent!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your awesome review! We are delighted you chose to stay here with us, and even more delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the Cherry Creek area, which we agree is unique. It’s our goal to make every guest a special guest, and I’m very proud of our staff for their success. I will share your comments with them. Thank you again, and we’ll look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for my cousin's wedding and had he best time! The location is unbeatable--mall is right across the street and all the great boutique shops in Cherry Creek are a simple walk down the street. Lots of restaurants but don't skip the JW's own restaurant as it is excellent! If you are a runner, ask the front desk for a running route map. Yes, it's spend-y but hey it's Cherry Creek. Enjoy it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. It means so much to our staff that you let us know you enjoyed your visit—it’s everything we work for. There’s always something new to see in Cherry Creek, so we’ll look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again, and please share our congratulations with your cousin on the wedding!

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was my first time in Denver on a business trip. The hotel is wonderful and centrally located with restaurants and shopping across the street. Although there was no self-parking right in front of the hotel, there was valet service readily available. When I needed the car the next day, I sent a text message to valet and my rental car was waiting for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you! We appreciate you sharing your experience, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in May. The valet text messaging is a new service, so I’m very glad to know that you used it and found it helpful. Thank you for staying with us on your first trip to Denver, and we’ll hope to welcome you back soon.

Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last 10 years because my sister-in-law lives a few blocks away. I like this hotel. But it falls a little short of 5 stars, and I think barely makes three and I am being generous with four -- maybe it is a 3.5. So here goes:

The rooms are smallish but comfortable. There is some wear in the carpet (and especially the padding underneath which in my room was lumpy) and things are looking kinda worn around the edges. The restaurant was a mess: long waits for food, spotty and indifferent service, and so-so food. But on Sunday morning the "Bloody Mary Bar" was insanely incredible. The club floor lounge was OK but the breakfast was iffy because they were "out" of some things at 7:30 (and although they said that they had requested more that did not happen), and the printer on the computer did not work, which mystified the staff.

But this is better than Hilton Garden Inn or comparable place. Just take it with a grain of salt.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Sunday Pajama Brunch--it’s become a highlight of the weekends for us as well. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as well as your comments, which will definitely help us to improve. I apologize for the lack of excellence, especially the service that you experienced in the restaurant and in the Concierge Lounge. This is not the standard we strive for, and I am sorry that we failed you. Please let me know the next time your travels bring you to Denver, as I would appreciate the opportunity to assist you personally. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to having you with us again soon.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am a Hospitality student at a local University, and for an assignment, my classmates and I were asked to evaluate a hotel of our choosing. We chose to stay at the J.W. because we felt that we would receive excellent service, but that turned out to be anything but true. When we checked into the hotel, none of the Front Desk agents greeted us right away, and we had to wait around until one asked how we could be of service to us. When the front desk agent checked us in, he said our room number out loud, which is a very large mistake to make when it comes to ensuring our security. Anyone could have been in the hotel lobby and heard our room number and followed us to our room. At the room, it was a nice room, and a very large bathroom, but the space in the room was mostly taken up by the beds, leaving barely any room for the roll-away that we ordered. We also called for extra-towels, but we never received them. One highlight that we had was when we got locked out by accident, the staff member who helped us out was very kind, especially considering that it was 2 a.m. We also asked the concierge for a suggestion for a pizza place, and he put very little effort into helping us. We also asked him about jogging routes, and he told us that anywhere is fine. He could have put in the little effort to at least say that the Cherry Creek Trail is a good place to run. Overall, we felt that because we were college students, all of the staff decided to give us sub-par service. Overall this was a good learning experience for us, because we learned what not to do when it comes to providing good service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jon W
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit. It’s uncomfortable to learn that we have failed to provide you and your friends with the service we pride ourselves on, but I appreciate learning that this is an area where we must improve. This is certainly not the standard of service that we work so hard to provide, and I am disappointed, to say the least. I am so sorry, and will be taking this opportunity to meet with all our staff for additional training. Every one of our guests should receive the same welcome, and that you felt this was not the case is simply unacceptable. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you that we have improved. If you have the chance to visit us again, please let me know. I would like to assist you personally.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Cherry Creek Marriott delivers what you expect - comfortable, clean, well appointed, amiable check in staff. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was mediocre - menu limited and undistinguished, food marginal, service aggressive (to be fair they were trying to close), wine selection dismal. Good value for money. Wake up call was 40 minutes late (better than the preceding night in Toronto when the call came two hours early at 4:30am). Would stay but not eat there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. It’s never easy to learn that we have failed to meet our guests’ expectations, but we need to know in order to improve. I apologize for both the restaurant experience as well as the late wake-up call: neither of these are up to the standards we set for ourselves, and I am disappointed that your experience was mediocre. We value your business and would like another opportunity to prove it--please let me know the next time your travels bring you to Denver. Thank you again for taking the time to comment.