“great place”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #18 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great hotel. The rooms were very niceand clean. Updated. It is next to a spa that was great as well. One of the best massages I have had and I get them all over. I ate room service. As always kind of expensive at a place like this. I had a special order and they did a great job getting me what I wanted. Had the creme brule for dessert and it was fabulous! Very nice courtyard area outside.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your note with our staff; I know the spa and room service staff will appreciate your compliments very much. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Expecting much more from this brand. Pictures of gym are very misleading....really lousy. Only offer valet at 28 per night. Unfortunately, place allows dogs and it was very evident in my room based on the smell. People take their dogs out at all hours and have no problem letting them bark in the hallways at 4am.....i would not advise staying at this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences during your recent stay. While we are a pet-friendly hotel, we make it a point to prevent pets from disturbing our other guests, and clearly we failed for you. I am sorry that you were disturbed at 4am. I have addressed this issue with my staff to ensure that our cleaning as well as our oversight of pets in the hotel are strengthened. Also, we can recommend facilities in Cherry Creek that offer additional workout options for you. I would appreciate you giving us another chance to earn your business, and would welcome the opportunity to assist you personally with your next visit to Denver.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Beautiful JW Marriott property that's walking distance to restaurants and shopping. It has a luxurious boutique feel. The room is comfortable and spacious especially the bathroom. Since I stayed there for business, I really didn't get to use all the amenities, but I sure had a relaxing sleep after a long day at work. The staff was friendly and helpful. Parking is limited and valet parking is available. This hotel has a lot of comfort and a level of elegance. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to make our guests as comfortable as possible, and we’re all pleased to have been part of your successful business trip. I hope you’re able to visit us again soon with more time to enjoy all the area has to offer! We’ll look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I needed a vacation from my vacation with the kids so my husband booked us a room at the JW. The service from the beginning to the end was unbelievable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and even sent us a nice note to our room. I was shocked. We ate at Second Home and it was fantastic. We had a problem with our appetizer but they gave us dessert instead. It was a nice touch and the waitress felt horrible. The bed was the most amazing bed ever and I wish I could sleep in it every night. The bathroom was beautiful and the tub was the perfect size for soaking. We had a wonderful time at the concierge lounge on the 11th floor. The views were amazing and so was the staff. Thank you JW for the memorable night and providing that rest and relaxation I was needing from a week with the kids on spring break. I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The mountain view room had a beautiful view and the sunset was spectacular.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay! I’m glad that your vacation getaway was such a success, and am genuinely delighted to learn that we were able to help you relax. The view from the Concierge Lounge is indeed amazing, particularly at sunset. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a 15 minute / $15 cab ride from the city / convention centre but the location is not really a negative. The hotel is tucked away amid upscale shopping, with a terrific mall one block away.

The hotel is modern, with large rooms and bathrooms and an extremely comfortable triple sheeted bed.

The spa was good (not great) but very convenient as it's located right in the hotel. The spa was lacking the usual amenities (steam room, sauna, jacuzzi) but the massage was amazing. Good gym as well.

The dining was great too! The locals tell me Second Home is highly regarded as a Cherry Creek dining spot, which is nice to find at a hotel.

Would highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank AJCM
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. Guest comfort is very important to us, and we’re extremely pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We’re especially proud of Second Home Kitchen + Bar.

If on your next visit you would prefer a spa with additional amenities, please ask the Concierge for a referral. There are other spas in Cherry Creek offering the services you mentioned that we think you would also enjoy. We value your business and appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

the hotel was nice, clean rooms, comfortable bed, decent room service--basically, what you'd expect from paying ~300/night for a room.

the thing that did me in for making this a 5 star experience was their staff. they were the usual degree of friendly that youll encounter at most any hotel, but these guys had an extra touch above that really stood out to me. in particular the bell staff Clayton? i think was his name, it seems insignificant but for me its the little stuff with hotels that make the difference. helped us to the room, and left--but then like 6 hours later when we went out we passed him in the halls and he remembered me and said hi by my name. maybe i was so impressed because im personally *terrible* at remembering names so it was noticeable when it happened to me--who knows. in addition to that, while we were waiting for our car the valet staff was friendly (pretty standard) but they had a little extra something to talk about than the standard "hi sir, hows it going, where is your tag". again, these seem like mundaine details but this little stuff is what sticks with me and makes a stay at a hotel feel like more than just a plastic keycard a a comfy robe.

as for the property, the decor was upscale contemporrary and very nice--i tried to steal that 3 drawer table/trunk/desk they have at the entry area....unsuccessfully i might add, the area its located in is a cool little 6-8 block district of other upscale shops, bars, art gallries probably fun if you're into that sort of thing, but we only had one night before our flight.

A+ over all, i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patrick j
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Guest service is our top priority, and you’re absolutely correct in saying that it’s the little things that make a difference. I have shared your comments with the associates who helped to make your stay such a success.

We will look forward to having you with us again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here in December on a business trip, that was hosted in the hotel. The facilities were beautiful and comfortable, food was good, and staff was really friendly.

My only complaint, for the sake of anyone in the lobby, including the staff is that it was literally 5 degrees outside, and 5 degrees INSIDE the lobby. The poor staff had to have hand warmers to stay moving. You could see your breath at the check in desk. The design of the doors in the lobby was so terrible. The draft flowed upstairs to the meeting room lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments about the hotel, which I have shared with our staff.

I sincerely apologize for the coldness of the lobby during your stay, and am delighted to let you know that we are already working to prevent this from happening again by designing a new front door system for the hotel. It should be installed very soon to provide our guests with a warm, welcoming experience throughout.

Thank you again for your comments. We take guest satisfaction very seriously, and hope to have you with us again soon.

Dave Pease,