“Charge to upgrade for Gold members??????”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #19 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Marriott's website states "Gold on availability we’ll do our best to upgrade your room." This hotel "does not upgrade Gold", so I was charged extra when asked. Other stays, an upgrade was not offered and as a Gold member had a room with a view of the adjoining building.
I do love the neighborhood and it has lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Debneededescape,

Thank you for posting this review. We do upgrade Platinum and Gold Marriott Rewards members when availability allows us. When the hotel is almost at full capacity we do have limited options for upgrades. I am sorry! Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will do my very best.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Tripadvisor ranked thsi #1 family hotel in dever as of this review. The hotel doesn't even have a pool, the hot tubs it had outdoors have particle board screwed over them. If I was alone, this hotel would be great; since I was with family...this hotel is/was mediocre for a $249 pricetag.

Room Tip: Not a good hotel for kids unless you want to drag your kids around shopping.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nathan H

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your stay. Unfortunately, we do not have a pool or hot tubs on property, but we can direct you to a few options off property if you were interested. Please see the front desk the next time you come to the hotel and they can direct you to the options. Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there on our way back to the airport from Beaver Creek. When we arrived there was no one there, needless to say it took over 30 mins to receive our luggage. Then we didn't receive our paper as requested, when we called they said they ran out. We also asked for extra towels and got none. We ordered room service and it was excellent, except for the fact that it came on a wooden tray instead of a cart...a little difficult for 2 people to eat off of. Over all it is a beautiful hotel in a great location. But not JW standards.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Honeytravelstoo,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry for the issues you experienced. Obviously, not up to the expectations of you or I. Generally, we do a great job of satisfying our guests and I do apologize this was not your experience. Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will do my very best to ensure that your stay goes as perfect as possible. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The weather was below freezing and the lobby was cold but the staff was professional, helpful and always attentive. The lobby is a great place to hangout by the fire. The Second Home bar is a nice bar to grab a drink to warm up. Close to cherry creek mall, close to multiple restaurants this is a plus for this hotel. Overall this is a great JW.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank C M
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear C M,

I appreciate you taking your time to post this review. I know the lobby was cold and we are going to resolve this problem in the coming months. Thank you for your understanding. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is so great! Even better than the Ritz Carlton in Denver. I recommend getting a room with access to the Concierge Lounge. You can swipe your key card and go up there for breakfast, or a beverage and the view is so breathtaking! The staff is so friendly too. The valet crew and our bellman Ben are the epitome of customer service! If you're going to Denver, stay at this hotel. It is downtown Cherry Creek and there are a ton of restaurants and shopping in the area! It's right across the street from the expansive Cherry Creek Mall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingBeanX2

Dear TravelingBeanX2,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I appreciate the high praise and so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I also wanted to thank you for recognizing Ben's efforts. I will pass along your comments to him. Hopefully we will see you again very soon!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I live in Denver, and wanted to enjoy a luxurious night away to celebrate our anniversary. Although the JW Marriott is only 10 minutes from our house, we felt like we were on a very relaxing vacation. From the moment we checked in, we were so impressed with the service we received. Our room was ready early for us, so we were able to check in early in the morning--and enjoy hanging in Cherry Creek during the day. We had a beautiful view of the mountains, a very clean and spacious room, enjoyed the breakfast and cocktail hour in the concierge room. AND the champagne and cake pops that were a surprise delivery from the front desk to help celebrate our anniversary. What a TREAT it was to spend our anniversary with you, JW Marriott. We highly recommend it--and encourage Denverites to take advantage of this fantastic "home not-so-far-away from home".

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becca M

Dear Becca M.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us. I am happy to hear it was all you expected and more. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed at my (I call it mine) JW in Cherry Creek many many times. I travel alot and have stayed in many different hotels. I have to say that the JW is my absolute favorite. It is in impeccable condition, the rooms are spacious, comfortable, and luxurious. Just what you want when travelling away from home! The lobby area is beautiful and comfortable, the restaurant yummy and friendly. The conciege level is wonderful but I have stayed both on and off and was extremely happy either way. All staff members have been helpful and friendly. I've stayed all over Denver - the Brown Palace also lovely, but I honestly say that the JW is my #1 choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear S G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I also wanted to thank you for your continued loyalty to the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek. Such high praise and it is greatly appreciated. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!