“A Great Marriott”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #18 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 12, 2013

It was our very good luck that the JW Marriott at Cherry Creek was chosen as the hotel at which guests of our nephew's wedding would stay. The hotel is located in a lovely area with great shopping opportunities and nice restaurants. However, the hotel restaurant served incredibly tasty food, so we opted to eat many of our meals there. Our room was spacious, furnished beautifully, and absolutely clean. The entire facility is well kept and nice to be in. The staff may be some of the best we have ever encountered, as each and every person went out of their way to acknowledge us and be helpful. I arrived before my husband and mentioned to the gentleman checking me in that my husband would be arriving later that night. The next day he addressed me by name and said that he was glad that my husband had arrived safely. And one of the servers in the restaurant remembered my name after having seen me only once the day before.

Our only negative experience was with the housekeeping schedule. It was necessary for us to request that our room be cleaned after our first night, as it was already 11:30 a.m. and it had not been taken care of. The next day we were out of the hotel until 3:30, and when we returned, the room had not been cleaned. As we wanted to rest before dinner, we asked for clean towels and left it at that. I understand the necessity of having rooms ready for new guests, but the convenience of the guests already there ought to be taken into consideration as well.

However, in the scheme of things, this was a minor annoyance and did not detract from the favorable impression left by the hotel and all who work there. I would absolutely recommend staying at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear MDTravelers60,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I was happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Congratulations to you Nephew as well. I do apologize for the delay in getting housekeeping service though. We try to balance the needs of our guests both inhouse and the one's coming in, but it can be challenging at times. You can always request that your room be cleaned at a certain time. Simply call the front desk or stop by on your way out. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this property and everything went well. Upon arrival we were notified that we had been upgraded to the concierge floor. By the end of the first day we spoken to by name as we passed through the lobby. Everyone seemed to go out of their way to make our stay perfect. I will definitely go back to this property on my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben O
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Ben O.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to hear we made you feel so welcome. I will pass along your comments to the staff. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We generally like to stay at smaller hotels but needed a room in a hurry and it was in the right location. Only one word to describe this hotel - Fabulous! The room, the staff, the restaurant, everything was great. Thanks, we will stay there again on our next visit to Denver.

1  Thank barry k
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at hotel for 5 days while visiting family. This hotel is typical of a Marriott property which is beautiful, excellent location, good food in restaurant, 24 hour room service which I love, staff extremely courteous and friendly. Hotel is next to Cherry Creek Shopping which is awesome, some of the areas best shops located within a couple of blocks. Room is very comfortable, sitting area, bedroom (heavenly beds) and bathroom. The views of the Rocky Mountains is breathtaking. For a Marriott Hotel this size there should be more amenities available for guests. iPod docking station is great since we all made use of it. Pricey but so worth the money. Many restaurants in area offer something for everyone, Denver Zoo, Botanical Gardens just a short drive. I will return in November to enjoy the fireplace and cooler weather.

Room Tip: The 1 Bedroom Suite is the perfect size for a family
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BlingBling4
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear BlingBling4,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Cherry Creek and the fantastic mountain views. I believe we are located in the best part of Denver and close to everywhere you want to go be. We look forward to your return to the hotel as well. See you in a few months.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the JW Marriott Denver in Cherry Creek and found it to be one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at in almost every way. No matter when we arrived or who we encountered on the staff, they were incredible in terms of their friendliness and level of service. I don't know that I've stayed many places in the world that could rival the level of service we experienced. Not only did the front desk staff, the valet staff, those working the concierge level (especially Liz!), and those in the restaurant do a superb job, they went above and beyond to greet us and make sure we were having a wonderful stay...we were interacting like old friends within the first day! The property is located in the wonderful Cherry Creek neighborhood, which is full of wonderful dining, shopping, and cute surrounding neighborhoods to walk and run through. It is easy to get downtown if you have a car, otherwise it is a relatively quick cab ride, and if you have a child attending the University of Denver (DU) like we do, it is a convenient 10-minute drive to the DU campus. The rooms are lovely as well. The only suggestion I would offer is that I would love to see the property put more focus on environmentally friendly practices. In spite of hanging all of our towels, they were replaced every day, even those we hadn't used, and more than once bars of soap that had been open a day and weren't even close to being gone were taken and replaced with new boxes of soap. We already have three more trips planned to Denver over the next few months and we already have our rooms booked at this property. I highly recommend the JW Marriott Denver in Cherry Creek!

Room Tip: The mountain-view rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KarenZB1

Dear KarenZB1,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. Thank you for the high praise as well. I will pass along your comments to the staff and specifically Liz. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and will be returning to the hotel in the coming months. Please stop by the front desk and ask for me the next time you are here as I would love to meet you in person. Have a fantastic day!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

we booked here due to a family party. The decor in the lobby, the concierge lounge, and the rooms were truly lovely. sunrise over the mountain range was spectacular. But all this pales in comparison to the customer service. I don't believe the staff are permitted to say "no"to any request. we had a small glitch with our air conditioner and soeone arrived in 5 minutes to fix it. When the front desk staff member called to check on the status of the air conditioning, they offered to treat us to free parking for the inconvenience.

We are going to have to come back!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Anonymous42,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I do apologize for the issue with the air conditioning in your room not working properly, but I am happy to hear the problem was addressed quickly. Thank you for your understanding. I will pass along your great comments to the staff. Hopefully you can come back and see again very soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our wedding dress shopping trip was a great success, partly attributed to our stay at this nice hotel. The room was really nice, the beds were perfect, the view was great and the service was above and beyond! The concierge service was definately worth it as we enjoyed the breakfast as well as the evening drinks and desserts! The bell-hops / valets were always very attentive and friendly. Hope to get the opportunity to stay with them again soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear clauer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and the shopping trip was a success. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a wonderful day!