“Be their guest” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Be their guest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hotel staff were terrific. We received prompt and pleasant service at every turn. Check in was simple and quick, we were in a rush and bags met us at room door. Room was clean and comfortable and our room had beautiful sunrise views. Doormen and Valet service were excellent. In and out with our car ten times and never waited more than a minute or two.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear howmargaretseesit,

Thank you for taking the time to post this online review. Thank you for recognizing all of the staff members efforts in providing you excellent customer service. I am proud of our team and love to hear the great feedback. Please come back and see us again in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Everyone at the J.W. in Denver has one clear and undeniable focus - What can I do to make this guest feel important, welcome, and satisfied? I am a Marriott Platinum member, I have traveled across the country experiencing many different hotel brands and levels of service. Humbly, I say, my experiences with Marriott are consistently excellent - yes, I have experienced poor service at a Marriott property, those experiences are very rare. The primary reason I write this review regarding the J.W. in Denver is because they are exceptionally excellent, some properties stand alone in the world of customer orientation; this property is exceptional in every way, from the front to the back, front desk, restaurant, bar, and housekeeping. It is my extreme pleasure to write this review and my pleasure to stay at the J. W. Marriott in Denver, Colorado. Bo Boger

Room Tip: The rooms facing the mountains are incredible.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Bo B.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I really appreciate the very kind things you said about your stay and the staff. We pride ourselves on the service we provide to our guests and it is great to be recognized for our efforts. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Omaha, Ne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is our "home away from home" in Denver when we pick our kids up from camp... The rooms are nice and big, the beds are comfy and the location cant be beat. The staff is always very friendly and will do whatever they can to make your stay awesome. We have never eaten at the restaurant or bar as we like to avoid hotel dinning unless we are at a wedding. There are so many great restaurants in denver though.

Room Tip: choose mountain view if you can :0)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Vannclann Family,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out an online review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff prides themselves in the service they provide to our guests, I will pass on the great comments to our staff as well. I hope you come visit again soon!
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was very impressed with the level of customer service at the hotel, from the valets to the front desk to the concierge floor attendant. Friendly but professional, everyone greeted me by name and anticipated my needs. I especially liked the way the people at the hotel treated me like an honored friend and who wanted to exceed my expectations. I wanted to stay at a place that felt like an exclusive, small, private club, and the JW Marriott delivered in spades.

The interior has a contemporary feel, with a slight nod to the western heritage of Colorado.I opted for a king bed with a western view to the mountains on the ninth floor which also gave me Concierge lounge access. For this reasonable upgrade, you can enjoy a sumptuous breakfast buffet which changed daily but included eggs, meats, pastries, fresh fruits, bagels, oatmeal, juices and a custom espresso/cappuccino machine. The concierge lounge was intimate enough for the maximum of 20 people who shared the space with us for breakfast.

In the evenings, they also serve delicious little tasting portions for a pre-meal cocktail hour with a premium open bar. Our first night my mate asked for more vegetarian options, and they responded the next night with some special selections which seemed like they made them just for our request.

The room itself was appointed with everything I could want, from slippers to bathrobes to a scale in the rather large bathroom. The complimentary aromatherapy toiletries smelled heavenly. I liked them so much, I took them with me and used them for the rest of my trip to Colorado. There is complimentary free wifi on premises. The bed linens and mattress quality was amazing. We had nightly turn-down service with chocolates on our pillow and mini bottled water available at no extra charge. The room also included a coffee maker and a mini bar.

Also on premises was a happening bar adjacent to the hotel restaurant, 'Second Home.' While we didn't eat there, it was very tempting. The bar had an intimate club feel as well, with an adjacent outdoor private patio with contemporary firepits. If you want to work out, there is a 24-hour gym facility open to guests on the second floor which inlcluded towels and water.

The location of the hotel is perfect, about a mile from the downtown area with larger hotels. It's in the upscale Cherry Creek neighborhood which is an enclave for restaurants, clubs, and a very nice shopping mall literally across the street. After having walked the downtown area and compared locations, this neighborhood is preferable to the 16th Street shopping area, in my opinion.

I had never stayed at a JW Marriott property, but this experience has made me a convert. If they are all like this one, I can't wait to book my next reservation. It is a luxe option for a very good value.

Room Tip: Concierge level with a western view to the mountains
1 Thank mrkevin
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. It is nice to be recognized for our efforts and I will be passing along your comments to the staff. Please do visit other JW hotels as soon as possible, but also come back and see us again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our family make a quick decision to move to the JW after a bad experience elsewhere. We were at the end of a long vacation in the mountains and were road weary. Not only did the staff quickly accommodate us with adjoining rooms, but they also sent up a tray of snacks and happily carted in multiple suitcases and bags. Throughout our stay, the staff, especially Michael and Ra, provided exceptional service. The rooms were clean, cool and large. The hotel's size is very manageable, and the location is excellent. The bedding was high quality. I travel extensively for work and rank this among the best city hotels in the area. We will definitely return on our next visit to Denver. Thank you!!!

1 Thank mhp333
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear mhp333,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staffs efforts here at the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek. I truly does matter and I will be passing along your comments to the staff. Please bring your family back to the hotel very soon and see us again. Have a great day!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am from South Denver and stayed here for a two day getaway. This was the perfect hotel in the perfect location. The location of this hotel is great, Cherry Creek is a fun area of Denver,,,restaurants, shopping, central location. It was fun to have a morning run and grab breakfast at Whole Foods. The room was clean and stylish. The restaurant food was good. The fitness room was well equipped. The valet parking is pricey so I would recommend one of the other nearby parking garages. My only three criticisms are minor: 1) Recycling bins for the plastic water bottles 2) Larger trash can/recycling bin in the fitness room, 3) Minimize the "sell" of the Marriott's rewards program at check-in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear R V.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed a great "staycation" with us here in Cherry Creek. I also appreciate your suggestions on how we may improve. I will pass alonog y our comments. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Warm Regards,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I cant remember a time when I left a hotel and was totally wowed with superior service. The staff of JW Marriott did that. A 35th wedding anniversary trip turned into more than expected memorable event due to all at this hotel. Thanks to BJ for helping us get a room-the night before- when we met him by chance in Vail. He wouldn't take no for an answer and alerted all of our arrival. From our greeting at the door as we parked our car to Rachel at the desk to our bartender friends- all the JW team made sure we had a great stay. George in the concierge lounge was also on top of anything we needed. It was not so much as our reason for staying for the over the top treatment but rather... this is how they treat guests. Thanks to the GM who said hello as we left. And yes...we will be back!
Mark

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark C
Dear Mark C.,

Thank you for your very kind review. I appeciate that you took the time. Happy Anniversary first of all. I am so happy to hear we were able to make it an extra special occasion. I will pass along your kind comments to George, BJ, & Rachel. Please come back and see us again in the very near future. Have a wonderful day!