“Everything was wonderful: would definitely return.”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #15 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Everything was wonderful: would definitely return.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Location was wonderful to where I needed to be. Staff were super friendly. The immediate area has many shopping and food offerings so there isn't much that you're left wanting. The room was decorated modern but also beautiful and comforting. Bed was great and everything was clean. If I didn't have things to do in Denver, I would have loved to lounge about in the room. My room didn't have a refrigerator but I made do with ice and the ice bucket. Beware of cold bathroom floor tiles and the full-length mirror is hidden inside the closet; otherwise, you will have a fabulous stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jendama
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Jendama,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fillout an online survey. It is truly appreciated. I was happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel and Cherry Creek. Please come back sometime soon when y ou have somemore time to relax.

Have a wonderful day!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
World Traveler
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We escaped the suburbs for our anniversary to stay overnight in Denver. It was a very nice hotel, with quality service and accommodations. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to be close to the city, but looking to do some heavy shopping. It's easy to shop and drop your bags back at the hotel, and plenty of food choices!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank obahsomah
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Obahsomah,

Thank you for posting your online review. Thank you as well for choosing us to celebrate your special occasion. Congratulations! Please come back and see us again. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Phoenix
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed here probably 75 times over the past 6 years and I have never had a bad experience. This hotel is in the perfect location--close to downtown but not too close, and right next to the Cherry Creek mall and Cherry Creek north shops. There are dozens of excellent restaurants and hundreds of great stores within walking distance. Not as crazy as LoDo or downtown (a plus in my book), but yet there is still plenty to do and you are just a short cab ride from the craziness if that's what you want. Don't overlook the lobby restaurant and bar (Second Home). The food is outstanding and the place is quite the scene on Wednesday nights in the summer. The rooms and common areas are immaculate. Exercise room is small but adequate for most. But it is the JW staff that sets it apart from every other hotel in Denver (and I've stayed at just about all of the larger ones). It is a small hotel and the staff definitely makes you feel that way. Everyone from the valets to the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make me feel at home and that is the reason I keep returning.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the west side of the building have excellent views of the Rockies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank B W
Dear BW,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek over the years. It is very much appreciated! I too prefer the Cherry Creek area to staying in Downtown Denver. I am happy to hear that the staff makes you at home when you visit. That is our goal! I will pass along your comments to everyone.

Have a wonderful day!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Upscale, immaculate, superb customer service, half the expected cost. Our trip was Mothers' Day weekend with two elderly parents and four middle-aged siblings with spouses. We had concierge floor benefits so we gathered for breakfasts and confabs at the long table with a beautiful view of the Rockies and Denver. Our parents (a frail 81-year-old and a hearty 85-year-old) were upgraded, at our last-minute request, to a handicapped-accessible suite; its living room comfortably seated 9 adults. It was where we hooked up a laptop to the tv with hotel-provided cable and enjoyed family pictures. Very handy. Our request for a private dining area was cheerfully accommodated; everyone's meal was delicious. Food fresh and tasty; nothing exotic. Room big enough for morning yoga. My sister particularly liked the separate tub/shower set-up. Fitness room super-clean and well-equipped. Manicure for Mom cheerfully booked through BJ at the front desk. Nordstrom's and scads of other stores across the street. The concierge went out of his way to find boxes and set up FedEx shipment of purchased shoes to my home in Florida. Front desk arranged for town car Denver Airport pick-up and delivery. Great neighborhood for wandering. The staff and hotel made the weekend a real pleasure for our whole family. I travel a lot and have to say that this Marriott and its staff are awesome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CleanfreakChicago
Dear CleanfreakChicago,

Thank you for taking the time to post an online review. It is truly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this very special occasion. I am glad we lived up to your expectations. Please le me know the next time you return to the hotel. I would love to meet you personally.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had had a completely horrible couple of days prior to our trip. We were exhausted and a bit cranky after traveling all day. All that changed once we got to our hotel. The staff warmly greeted us and we were shown to our room by the nicest gentleman. We went to the concierge level and enjoyed a great assortment of appetizers including some wonderful spiced shrimp. The drink selection was quite nice and we enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine while enjoying the mountain view. Beth, our concierge lounge attendant, couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. The lounge was spotless and her advice on what to do while we were in the area was spot on. The people in Denver, in general, seem so very friendly but at this hotel they take it to an extraordinary level. We trust the rest of our stay will be just as enjoyable as these last 2 days. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa A
Dear Lisa A.,

Thank you for your online survey. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staffs efforts as well. I will pass along your comments to them. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a fantastic day!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Everyone at the JW was very customer service orientated. Add that to A+ location, cleanliness, and spacious rooms. Valet service is extra and is the only on- site option we were told, so add that to the cost. No pool, though...

Room Tip: Lots of walking restaurants and the Mall closeby
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary D
Dear 1492 Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this online survey. Guest feedback is key to our continuous improvement. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I did want to let you know that although we do not have a pool on property we can direct you to a pool about mile from the hotel. Hopefully we will see you again in the very near future.

Have a great day!

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

For $460 per night for a King I wouldn't say its worth the price. Location is great! Bathroom has only 1 sink plenty of space for 2 but they chose to out in 1. The tub is tiny but the shower is a great size always good when its separate tub/shower so that was appreciated. A better use of space would have been good. I always do club level for the breakfast and the ease of getting a bite before I head to meetings. It wasn't worth the extra cost. Beautiful hotel but its not The Ritz or Four Seasons and they are charging as if they are. Room and view was nice but not spectacular. Valet is $26 so your going to pay $500+ a night. I expect alot more attention to detail at that price besides a great location.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Particulardvswank
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Particulardvswank,

Thank you for taking the time to post an online review. I am sorry that you did not feel that you received the value for your stay. May I suggest looking for deals on either Friday or Saturday nights the next time you want to stay. They tend to be lower than the weekdays. Please feel free to reach out to me personally. Hopefully we see you again in the near future.