“My Home Away From Home”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is my home away from home in Colorado. Or at least it was for a few years before I finally moved out there this summer.

I lost track of how many times I stayed here, but it was at least 15 separate visits. Each time was outstanding in every respect. The front desk staff is beyond professional. I'm serious. It's like they all took some kinda happy pills, but not in a creepy way. It seems like no one ever has a bad day here.

Their optimism is contagious. Anyway...

The rooms are clean, spacious, and modern. The bathrooms in particular are very high-quality and much larger than you'd probably expect.

If you're Gold or Platinum with Marriott, you'll get access to the concierge lounge. If not, you can buy it for a small fee. And believe me, that would be worth it. Here's why...

This lounge is hands down the best I've ever seen. Not only do you get to take in a breathtaking, panoramic view of Denver, but you'll enjoy some incredible free food and drinks, too.

Hold on it gets better...

FREE open bar. Yes for real. A full open bar, too. With top shelf stuff. And there's always a concierge up there who is extremely helpful. They go out of their way to help you with anything, including some great recommendations for dining in the local area.

Wait there's more...

Visit this lounge for breakfast in the morning. It's just as upscale as the evening treats. You'll love it. Okay now on with the review.

The location is perfect as you're within walking distance of many great shopping and dining options. The Cherry Creek Mall is right across the street. But you don't even have to walk that far. There's great stuff even closer.

Grab dinner at my absolute favorite burger place on the Earth, Duffy's Cherry Cricket. You won't believe the stuff they can put on your burger there.

The in-house restaurant, called Second Home Kitchen, is good but can get crowded. It's a bit trendy and the staff can get a little harried at times. But it's a beautiful place to hang out in for a while. Check out the outside seating while you're there.

I could go on and on, but I think that gives you an idea. If you're staying in the Denver area, I'd look here first. I've stayed in other hotels in the area and many are quite nice. But none ever came close to the level of this one. Message me if you want to know something I didn't cover here.

Oh final shout out to the consummate professional working at the front desk here. Her name is Tulli. She's superwoman and should teach classes to the masses in customer service!

Really. She's that good. She would always bend over backwards to serve guests in the most professional and friendly manner possible. I've stayed in literally hundreds of hotels around the world and never seen anything quite like it. She's a cut above the rest.

Way to go, JW Marriott!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Brad1970,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel. It means a lot that you consider our hotel your "home away from home". Thank you as well for recognizing the staff's efforts and specifically Tulli. I will pass along your comments to the staff. Hope you get to come back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were first greeted as we walked into the hotel before we arrived at the reservation desk. Our room was on the 5th floor facing the mountains and quiet. Room was spacious, very comfortable, clean and they turned down beds at night - something you rarely see anymore in American hotels. Terrific bathroom and great products!
We returned one day to find that our room was not made up. Since we were going out again in less than an hour we asked that they clean our room when we leave. It was already 4:00. The room was done up when returned at 9:00 and the bed was turned down. So housekeeping works late!
Breakfast in the Second Home Restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced. The decor was lovely.
The hotel is located near lots of shops, art galleries and great restaurants.

Room Tip: The ballroom is on the 2nd floor, so if you want it quiet, stay on at least the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Nancy L,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in the hotel as well as the restaurant. Great tip about staying on the 4th floor to avoid the ballroom, but we really do not receive noise complaints from our guests. I would love to know if this was a problem for someone. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great area, service , food, and bar is excellent.
Can't beat the proximity to walking to stores, restaurants, etc.
Safe area! The staff are couteous and helpful from valet to front desk to housekeepers to
Restaurant and bar staff? Spa, antoine du chez is excellentbalso-angela is a great masseuse

Room Tip: I like away from elevator, ice machine and room with a mountain view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Jan M.,

Thank you for your kind review. Sounds like you had a great time enjoying ALL of the services the hotel and area has to offer. Thank you for recognizing the staffs efforts as well. Please come back and see us very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The service is impeccable, the location is perfect.
I've used this hotel nearly 100 times over the last 8 years. They have never failed me in any aspect. The staff is always friendly and very helpful with recommendations and reservations.
The location is perfect for business or pleasure trips. Cherry Creek mall is right across the street with great shopping and there are plenty of excellent restaurants within a few blocks.
Access to downtown as well as the Aurora area is quick and easy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Patrick P.,

Thank you for your review and continued loyalty over the years. I am so happy to hear the staff has accomodated all of your needs continually over the years. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Hopfully we will see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have stayed at a lot of JW's in the past and I have to say that this is one of the best. First of all-great location-right in the middle of cherry creek near a lot of restaurants. Across the street from Cherry Cricket, down the street from North. Service great-very cheerful staff. Bar and Restaurant in the hotel were great-they accomodated a group of 15 for breakfast and did a great job. Rooms were nice-bathrooms and beds great. Don't stay downtown if you dont have to-stay in Cherry Creek.

Room Tip: My room faced the street and it was silent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Douger67,

Thank you for your review of the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek. I am so happy to hear such high praise for our hotel compared to other JW's. I agree as well that our location is much better than staying downtown. Hopefully you come back soon to enjoy more of what Cherry Creek has to offer.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We could not have been more pleased with our stay at this JW Marriot. The location was excellent, the room was a 5/5 but the staff was even better. BJ at the front desk went out of his way for us and could not do enough. Ben, one of the valet staff, was also outstanding as was George, who we believe was in charge of guest services and practically walked us to a local restaurant.

In our book, this hotel, and more specifically, its staff convinced us to stay at a JW Marriot whenever we travel. We can only hope that our future experiences in other JW Marriot's rival our experience at this Cherry Creek venue. It's a keeper. Our hat's off to your staff. Keep up the great work.

LGT&SET Saratoga, CA

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Steve T.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. Thank you for recognizing BJ, Ben, & George for the effort's during your stay. It truly does matter. Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel as well.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This is an ex Solent moderate size business hotel near good restaurants. Rooms with awesome huge bathrooms though living area small. My room had a strange odor. I was gra iosly given a different room. The food at my business meeting was good but quite pricey.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Suzanne0814,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the initial challenges you encountered with your first assigned room. I am happy to hear the problem was addressed promptly. Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will do my very best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.