“BEST in Denver”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Denver, Colorado
“BEST in Denver”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited twice in three days once I discovered this place! Everything is fresh and made in-house. Quailty, helpful, fast service. LOVED the mint tea. The chicken shawarma was absolutely delicious and unique!!! The hummus and baba ganoush are the best I've ever had! The chicken kabob sandwich was only okay, nothing to be excited about.
Overall I HIGHLY recommend this food and experience!

Denver, Colorado
“Great fresh food”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went here with a coupon, our first time to this restaurant, and we will definitely be going back!
We don't eat meat so can't comment on those menu items, but everything we had was delicious. The vegetarian platter had a little of everything- smoky baba ganouj, excellent creamy humus, and refreshing tabouleh. The falafels were crispy on the outside and soft inside. Very good house-made hot sauce on the side.The strawberry mango juice was great, as was the Arabic coffee. Service was excellent, the waiter made some very good suggestions and came by several times to make sure we had everything we needed.
The portions are large. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Arvada
“Unusual & delicious food with friendly waitress & chef”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend & I enjoyed a leisurely lunch at the Mecca Grill. We shared a bowl of lentil soup, a vegetarian option. It was not a problem for them to serve it in two bowls for us which was really nice as we both wanted to have some soup as it was a cold day, but it would've been too much to eat if we'd each gotten a bowl. It came with a thick slice of lemon. We both chose the Syrian sausage in pita bread from the sandwich choices. The sausage was savory and very good, a tender combo of beef & lamb & spices. I thought it might be similar in taste to gyros meat (which I love), but it was completely different. Tucked in with the meat were tomatoes & lettuce & tahini dressing. I was assured that the pita was fresh that morning. If the bread could've been warmed up first, I would've liked it better, though. We also had a lettuce & tomato salad with a delicious dressing. For dessert, the chef (Ines, who is from Jordan) brought out cups of a milk pudding topped with chopped pistachio nuts for us to try - free! It was delicious & refreshing. Sorry if I keep repeating "delicious", but it really was. And so was the little wedge of baklava: perfectly crunchy in the right places, and very good. We had lightly sweetened cups of hot mint tea to drink.

• Visited December 2012
“Worst Spot in Denver”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I thought I'd never slam a restaurant on this site, but after the ordeal I just had with Mecca I need to vent..I recently ordered delivery from Mecca and 30 minutes after I placed my order the young woman called me and told me that they were out of lamb and asked if I'd like chicken or beef instead. I opted for the beef and got a call an HOUR later stating that the driver "couldn't make it" and I could go pick it up myself. I've never dealt with a situation like this, literally the worst service I've even gotten or heard of. I'd steer clear of this spot and will NEVER order from them again.

• Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
“GREAT FOOD IN DENVER!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Never had Lebanese food before, and my friends from out of town had heard of this place and begged me to go with them. I LOVED IT!!! I will always be a customer of this place. The food was great, the service was beyond what I expected. They are so polite AND the owner came out and served my dog a huge lamb shank bone. My pup didnt even want to go on our hike anymore. My friends want to go back before they leave and I think I will be very happy to go back as well.

• Visited November 2012