TripAdvisor

SOBO 151
Ranked #718 of 3,758 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: European, Czech
Reviewed November 16, 2013

SOBO is a sports bar with three pool tables in the back. It has sidewalk seating during nice weather, this area is enclosed for adverse weather also. The inside is a mix of high tables and normal tables, bar and a long narrow bar with stool seating. The atmosphere is normal for a sports bar.
The first thing that is not normal is a mural of Prague's St. Charles bridge with the Castle in the background. There are also a couple of signs for beers from Prague. The menu or special board has some of the normal fare, but also includes a good range of Czech foods. The Fried Cheese Steak is to die for, served on a bed of home fries with a mustard sauce and a little shredded cucumber. The Garlic Cheese dip is also a very good opener.
They also have a range of Czech beers on tap. I had a dark ale and loved it my companion had a very good Pilz. .
Lots of free parking in the back. This place was recommended to me by two different people.
The cost of the different meals are around $10.00 as an average.

Date of visit: November 2013
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I specifically came to Sobo 151 to watch a hockey game while in town since they have NHL Center Ice. I loved the atmosphere, it seemed like a great sports bar, but not too crowded. Real friendly staff. Then we both ordered from the Czech part of the menu, and to be honest, I was expecting good bar food, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, I was AMAZED at the food after tasting it. It was glorious. My husband had the goulash, and I had the chicken paprika with dumplings. It was SOOOO good. I could have licked my plate, but I decided to scrap it with my spoon instead. We will definitely be going back, and this will definitely be a place I will take any out-of-towners that come to visit us. Waitress was awesome too, and so was either the manager/bartender that set us up with our hockey.

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank little_castaldo
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just happened to stop in this place as we were both starving and just drove by this place... We were so glad we did! We had the sweetest waitress who also made our experience even more enjoyable! :). We started with the Czech Garlic Dip -- it was a pretty large portion and when our waitress brought it out we thought there was no way we could finish it... About 5 minutes later the plate was clean... It was kind of embarrassing actually :/ be aware that the dip is rather strong and leaves a strong garlic taste lingering, but it is definitely worth it! My husband had the Schnitzel, which was very good BUT I had the Fried Cheese Steak which was unbelievable. All of the flavors were perfect and was both of our favorite dishes while in Denver. I also had a couple of dirty martinis that were perfect as well! I definitely recommend giving this place a try!

Date of visit: April 2013

Been to SOBO 151? Share your experiences!