“Fabulous food, but service...meh.”
Review of Ya Hala - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ya Hala
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Denver, Colorado
“Fabulous food, but service...meh.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently met a friend here for lunch and while I thought the food was absolutely wonderful, the ambiance of the location severely lacked.

I could tell immediately that it was a family run estabishment which is cool. I totally appreciate that, and the little baby that was meandering around the restaurant was really cute...until she started trying to go through my purse! Her mom was our waitress so it was super awkward. That being said, it took ages to get refills and whatnot because the waitress/mother was trying to work and parent in unison. I have three kids so I definitely have a tolerance for children, but I would never allow my kids to behave like that, especially if they happened to be in my workplace.

• Visited October 2012

Denver, Colorado
“terrible experience”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

the food doesnt taste clean, the place is really hot inside, and the service is extremely rude. There are several WAY better middle eastern places right down the street within walking distance. i would strongly recommend staying away from this place.

• Visited February 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great middle eastern food and a great value”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This unassuming little place at the corner of Evans and Colorado looks like nothing from the outside, but inside there is some amazingly good middle eastern food. The cook and servers are a family that innovates tasty versions of traditional middle eastern dishes, and prepares them pretty quickly at reasonable prices. Go for the food, not the decor!

Visited October 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“What a surprise.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I found this restaurant by accident. We were going to eat at the McDonalds across the street while waiting to pick up a rescue dog. The restaruant decor could use some updating and there was a lot of visible dust. The salt and pepper shakers were grimy. The carpet needed to be swept. The lady and young waitress were very nice and answered any questions about the menu. We orderd Morrocan lamb dish. It took a while to get it but it was worth it.The lamby was juicy and the flavors excellent. The service was a little slow, so don't go here if you are in a hurry. We would like to go back if we are ever in the area again.

• Visited September 2011