“Room a little noisy but clean and comfortable”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport
Ranked #39 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I got to the airport late the other night and called to see about the free shuttle. I was told to go outside and wait 25-30 minutes. Not a practical suggestion since it was very cold and the waiting area is dark with only a few concrete benches. I guess I could have stayed inside and walked out in 20 minutes but that would risk missing the shuttle if it came early.

So I got in a taxi and paid $25 not including tip. So much for "free" shuttle. Who wants to wait at an airport 30 minutes? Besides it was late and I was ready for bed.

The room was typical Embassy with the narrow suite and bedroom. Bathroom was clean and functional. The room was cold - apparently no heat had been turned on. So I located the thermostat, turned it up a couple of notches, then settled into bed to watch some TV. Big mistake. The heater fan was loud and pretty much drowned out the TV, so I had to pump up the volume. Then when the heat cycled off, the TV was too loud (hopefully no one was in the next room - I hate to bother neighbors).

Breakfast was plentiful and good. The return shuttle left on the hour and the driver was helpful and courteous.

Normally I would give a hotel like this 5 stars but the infrequent shuttle service and cold room with a loud heater bring it down a bit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

I truly appreciate your review...and will be following up on the noisy heater in the room. If you could reach out to me and tell me what room you stayed in I will have the unit checked.

With the construction at the airport the turn around time is approximately 30 minutes. When they are finished we will be back on track!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,136)

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This suite is so comfortable! We were here before and after a group trip by bus to Vail. The hotel let us keep our car parked for the midweek while at Vail for no charge. The décor is gorgeous! The pool and fitness are fabulous. We enjoyed the manager's reception from 5:30 - 7:30 pm with wine/beer and snacks gratis. Great breakfast in morning. Will return yearly.

Room Tip: ask for one close to elevator outlet area - you won't hear elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

So happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us...we look forward to hosting your future visits as well!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

There are a ton of hotels clustered around Denver International Airport. In 2015 you will be able to stay at a fancy new Westin at the Airport Terminal for a big fancy price. Until then you won't be disappointed in the Embassy Suites. I had the best night's sleep I have had in a hotel in a long time. The staff were all helpful and accommodating. The room was quiet and spacious with a view of the mountains. The only downside is the shuttle service to/from the airport. It isn't a problem in the morning, but difficult in the afternoon & evenings. It is up to us to manage our expectations and allow extra time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on an upper floor. Ask for a room with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your very kind review...much appreciated!! After you've stayed at the Westin when it opens we will welcome you back!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

They do SO much right. The reception, the rooms, the breakfast, the parking and then they hit you up for wifi. In this day and age it just does not have to be that way. It is already a premium room rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback...we truly appreciate your kind words!!! I dislike the wifi charge as much as you do...I will be passing your comments onto the appropriate indivduals in hopes they change their minds!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

For being an airport hotel the shuttle service is very poor. When i called to ask for the shuttle Vrenda at the front desk was very rude and not professional at all. after i arrived to the hotel she was checking me in and she was paying more attention at her cell phone than anything else. She never tried to go above and beyond while dealing with me. Being in the hotel industry myself i don't understand how her managers don't know they are lacking in customer service skills in the front of the house. As soon as i left the front desk i went straight to the bar. Young gentleman Sebastian made me change my opinion of the hotel, he was friendly and went out of his way to accommodate everybody at the bar. i went to my room and called room service, young lady answer the phone and answered all my questions with a nice attitude, my food only took 20 minutes from the time i called to the time that it was delivered, i asked for her name because i wanted to put a good word for her, she told me that her name was Arlette. Awesome service in the restaurant part. Efficient, friendly and very professional.

5-5 for the food and beverage team / 1-5 for the Front of the house team

Work on your customer service at the front desk is the first and last impression.

Room Tip: mountain view!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review...I truly appreciate it. I will be addressing the front desk situation immediately...there is no room for such poor service at our hotel. On the other hand...I will be passing your positive comments onto the F&B director, as well as personally congratulating Sebastian and Arlette.

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I highly recommend not staying here. I picked this hotel for its proximity to the airport and the fact it had an airport shuttle. I waited 45 minutes in the cold and snow, and no airport shuttle arrived. I was told many different things by the front desk staff after calling 3 times looking for the shuttle. All the other hotel shuttles I saw 2 or 3 times during my 45 minute wait. Eventually I took a cab to the hotel. When I got there, front desk staff was rude and actually laughed at me and my colleagues when we complained about the shuttle. In my room, the wireless internet didn't work and the bathroom light did not work. Room service trays were strewn about the hall, and when I left in the morning, the trays and food were still there and starting to stink. I emailed a complaint to Hilton (first time I've ever done this) and have not received a response.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marie L
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I apologize for the shuttle situiation you've encountered...very disappointing. I would appreciate any further information you can share so we may attempt to mitigate future similar circumstances. Again...my sincerest apologies...we will be better in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We have used this hotel for 3 years for large all-day business meetings. The sleeping rooms have always been nice as expected and contrary to other comments we found the food good but a little over priced. The banquet sales staff drove us away with rude comments this year-surprising after spending $20,000 annually in the hotel each year. Go to the Holiday Inn Express across the street-they appreciate your business!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I am more than disappointed to read your feedback...trust me, the things you mention truly disturb me. Please reach out to me so I can gather more information to ensure this experience does not repeat itself. Furthermore, I would like to see what I can do to make it right for you. I look forward to speaking with you, my goal is to work through the issues.