“Great value for DIA! Business traveler? Stay here!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport
Ranked #38 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stay at hotels by DIA quite often (business travel) and off all of the DIA hotels in the area, this one takes the cake. Very professional, welcoming front desk staff.

Happy hour bar service was actually really lame...pretty much on your own there. If you were sitting right at the bar it looks like it would have been great, but I prefer a table and there wasn't a server in sight. Having to go up to the bar repeatedly and look for someone to take an order was pretty disappointing.

Rooms are clean and it's always nice to have a suite. I'm a Hilton loyalist and like to be upgraded to suites for Gold level, but recently at the Denver Hilton airport discovered they do not have suites to upgrade to. Because of this, I looked specifically for a suite property this trip. If you travel a lot for work, rooms that are just rooms can start to feel quite confining, and a suite is a bit closer to home.

I chose this hotel based on the Hilton brand, location, suites and awesome happy hour/breakfast. Although the Happy hour was disappointing, I'm looking forward to breakfast. Typically Embassy Suites has a great breakfast option.

I usually write reviews as I'm staying at the hotels. Although I've only been here a few hours, I am impressed with the hotel rate (about $120), last-minute availability and front desk staff. The pool and exercise room look like a great way to start tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your stay! I'll recommend this hotel but do caution the restaurant service to be less than what you'd expect from Hilton brands. Again, if you stay at the bar you'll be fine! I actually just notices that another gentleman from a table near mine is searching the area for someone, anyone, to bring him a drink or something to eat. Traveling a lot for business means you really appreciate someone taking the time to bring you a drink or check in with you regarding your meal. That's definitely missed here. At least on this stay I can say that restaurant service doesn't seem to be a priority.

Room Tip: I always request a room away from the elevators so that it's quieter in the morning. If possible...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review of our property...I can tell you we strive to be the best at what we do. I will be following up with our F&B director on the opportunities you spoke of...and ensure we are taking a proactive approach to our guest's needs. Thanks again...see you next time!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Booked a business stay here with colleagues from work. We all got in late due to poor weather, but I was very late coming out of Chicago. I finally grabbed a cab and got to the hotel at 2am. (They inform you that you will be billed for the room if you don't cancel by 6pm). When I arrived, my room was given away and they had no other rooms available. I spent the next 2 hours scrambling for a place. Embassy Suites is not a place a would ever stay again. Marriott would never treat it's customers this way. Lesson learned (the hard way!).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I sincerely apologize for your experience at check in...I can assure you we did not "give your room away". Due to unforseen issues, not all rooms reserved that evening were able to be used. I'm sure you noted that we paid for your room at the other property...and would have gladly accepted you as our guest given the option to do so. Again, my apologies, and we look forward to the opportunity to show you just how great we are.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Location, service, and price all added up to great value for money! We, approximately 30 of us, came to teach,learn, and play together. This was just the job. We four faculty rented the executive suites, which were large enough to accommodate all our small-group and individual sessions, including using AV equipment. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

So happy to hear of your positive experience! We truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to leave such a great note! See you next time!!!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is awesome! My mother, 2 year old son, and I flew into Denver during a blizzard and being from California we were not about to drive to Colorado Springs that night and this hotel was able to get us in at the last minute. They were so friendly and accommodating when we arrived late at night they had our room ready and waiting for us and brought up a crib immediately. The gentleman at the front desk helped me locate someplace that was still open to get a bite and some milk for my toddler. The rooms are spacious and I appreciate the microwave and refrigerator when traveling with a child. The breakfast the next morning was great and it was set up in stations so there was not a crowd all crammed into one space like I’ve seen with other Embassy Suites. We enjoyed our stay so much that we cut our time in Colorado Springs short and came back to this hotel and stayed the night before we left and this time we were able to use some of the amenities that we didn’t have time for during our first stay. My son had a blast in the pool and mommy enjoyed the manager’s reception. After swimming we found out that they had a guest laundry room where we were able to wash a few items and dry our swimwear. I was worried that I didn’t have any quarters for the laundry and found out it was complimentary, we just had a buy some soap from the gift shop. I just can’t say enough good things about this hotel especially after they took us in with no reservation during a snow storm.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

It's always nice to hear that someone has taken time out of their day to write a positive response and give us the sort of feedback you have. We truly appreciate you doing so, and are more than proud that we were able to offer such service for you! Until next time!!!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was a good overall stay for me. Rooms were nice... Hotel is nice.... And the Happy Hour Bartender (Chris) was one of the best! You will enjoy your stay here. Ask For the Bartender Chris for happy hour.

• Stayed: April 2013
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback...and yes Chris is phenomenal!!! See you next time!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great place to stay with kids before or after ski trip! We had 3 families staying after a great ski vacation in breck. The shuttle to restaurants and to the airport was great and so accomodating.
Loved the happy hour as well super nice bar tender and great breakfast for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I can't thank you enough for providing your valuable feedback via Tripadvisor! It's clear you enjoyed all we have to offer...and we loo kforward to hosting your next trip as well!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Embassy Suites is the perfect place for those wanting to get to the airport quickly after a trip to the Rocky Mountains! This was our second stay. The breakfast is outstanding and the restaurant offers a great menu and there are many other restaurants within a mile of the hotel. We really enjoy the ability to transition from the mountain lodging for our vacation to a hotel that is 3 minutes from the airport. This airport area is outstanding without the normal congestion in other large city airports!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Evan D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! We truly value all opinions...especially the good ones. It's rare to see people take time out of their busy lives to positively comment about something...I thank you for doing so!