“I'll jump on this bandwagon!”

TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Ranked #42 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Tampa, Florida
“I'll jump on this bandwagon!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here after a week of skiing in Keystone/Breck/Copper area. We were tired, freezing (check low temps on 1-11-13) and not at all ready to be impressed with this hotel. However, everything was really top notch, from the lobby, check-in, our room, cleanliness, etc. Our room had a nice kitchen, large desk, comfy bed. The biggest negative I have to say about this hotel is that with a name that includes "airport" in it's name, it is not very close and certainly not adjacent to the airport as I was expecting. However, after experiencing this nice Towneplace Suites and the terrible Denver Airport, I would suggest they save what's good by tearing down the airport and relocate it closer to this hotel! Yes, I'll jump on the bandwagon of other great reviews, but they earned it!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is an upperscale suites concept by Marriott. This location is brand new. Room was well appointed, fully equipped kitchenette, work area and couch. Nice comfortable beds, bathroom was sufficient. Staff was very friendly, and helpful with directions and suggestions. Nice work out room, and a small indoor pool. For the money, a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LI, NY
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a 2.5 star clean, well run hotel with 5 star customer service. Everyone was friendly and went out of their way for us starting from check-in with Sindi who was very busy but managed to take care of everyone's request with ease. Mr Otis the Airport Shuttle driver was very friendly along with Lori at the front desk at night. I don't know her name but the young women taking care of the breakfast area was outstanding, she made sure all items were kept full and that the coffee was hot and never ran out. Even though this is supposed to be an extended stay hotel it is a great hotel for an overnight at the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am not a regular at Towneplace Suites, so I do not know how this one compares with others. It is very new and clean. The room I had was certainly adequate for one person, and it was not particularly expensive, so it suited what I wanted, a clean room with a comfortable bed for an overnight stay before an early flight.

This Marriott property is near the airport but beware that the shuttle runs infrequently. It took me several calls before it actually came when I arrived at the airport. The morning shuttle did run ontime--which is once an hour starting at 5 a.m.

Like one of the other reviewers, I am platinum but unlike that reviewer, I did not get any upgrade or mention of my status--which is OK with me, but I don't think you should count on an upgrade.

The ice machine is on the bottom floor and you must bring with you the plastic bucket from the fridge (no ice bucket in the room) which unfortunately the desk clerk did not tell me until I was looking at the ice machine downstairs--I hd called to get its location==and found not even a plastic bag to carry ice back up to the room. I did not find this desk clerk to be very helpful on any issue actually although, fortunately, I did not really want anything much--a room, a prompt shuttle and a little ice for cold water. Oh, and one of the two elevators was broken.

I was told that there would be muffins when I left on the 5 am shuttle but none were in sight, but thank goodness, there was coffee.

This all sounds more negative than I mean it to be. I had a good night sleep and left early on a prompt shuttle with a cup of black coffee and that is all I really needed. Maybe I just expected more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife stayed here for one night and enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to a 1BR suite upon arrival (thanks Marriott Platinum Elite!) and the room felt just like home. Brand new, very spacious and well equipped, and the bed was comfortable too. Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

The hotel is about 15 minutes drive to the airport, and there are a good number of restaurants within 5-10 min walking distance. Thai, Mexican and American, all close by.

Very good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for one night before an early flight. The hotel was located in a great spot, covenient to restaurants and the airport. The clerk at the desk was efficient, but not overly friendly. It was not the welcome that I expect from a Marriott hotel. Our room was large and clean. We were told that breakfast was from 7-10...well that leaves out a lot of folks like us who were catching early flights....maybe a cost saving for the hotel but a dissappointment when at an airport hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My first experience with a Marriott Towneplace suite. I am impressed. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, and cozy. Conveniently located close to several restaurants and a 7/11 store. Staff is friendly and accommadating. I will use them in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Todd D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and staying with us recently. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!