“Go-To Brunch Spot”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cherry Creek
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We live in the area and come here often for brunch. There are a couple of other places in the neighborhood that are sort of known for brunch, but they are always packed with long waits and offer no reservations. We love to come here because usually we can walk right in with no problem, but if we have a larger group we can make a reservation. The bread, butter and jam they bring out are so tasty. They also offer bottomless mimosas for $10!! I love the croque monsieur and my husband always gets the breakfast pancakes, which are to die for. We have introduced them to several friends who always agree that they are amazing! The brunch prices are very reasonable, especially for the area. Service is consistently good, if not excellent, but nothing to complain about. The patio is lovely with all of its flowers so it's nice to sit out there on a sunny day, but the inside is very charming too. I highly recommend this place. Absolutely one of my favorite places in Cherry Creek. We'll one day have to come for dinner!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 6, 2018

So how is this place truly French?
1. Very tight and cramped. You will likely feel like you are part of the conversation with the couple at the table next to you. No elbow room whatsoever.
2. You will pay a very high price for minuscule portions

And how is it not French?
1. There's nothing really special about the food. It's good, but nowhere near as good as the prices would indicate.

Eating here so close to our trip to France was a real eye opener.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Walked in last night, the place smelled nice and clean! The atmosphere was very welcoming! The staff was very friendly! From the bartender that served me the servers that walked by and the ones who got me my food! The patio looked like a good place to have a late lunch!!! The food was just amazing!! Definitely going back and soon!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for Mother’s Day. My daughter/son-in-law go there offen. Five people in our party & spent $250.00+. Reservations were for 8:30. The kitchen closes at 9:00. The entire time the experience was rushed. After having appetizers, I wasn’t able to finish the beef stew entree. The waitress, who obviously wanted to get off although it was just 9:30, took my entree to box it. When I wanted it for lunch, I realized she ONLY packed what would fit in an extremely small container. I had more food left over than what she put in the small box. Apparently the owner is too cheap to buy bigger containers. One of my daughters had the mussels & didn’t eat all of them. She told me that the restaurant won’t allow you to take them home. I am not ever again gloing to a place where I am rushed, don’t get all of my leftovers & won’t allow you to take home food YOU pay for. If the kitchen closes at 9:00, don’t offer reservations for 8:30. It is unreasonable to expect you would be served & finished eating in 30 minutes. Dining is suppose to be a pleasant experience, especially when you are visiting family. If I wanted a “quick” dining experience, I would have gone to McDonalds.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Sherri T
Reviewed April 7, 2018

During our visit to Denver, we first tried two other Cherry Creek restaurants because they were very highly rated. One was an Italian restaurant, where the Bolognese sauce was mediocre. Another was an American grill, which was popular, but the food was not exceptional as their high rating led us to expect. In fact, La Merise was not even listed in the top 20. Then on our very last day, we found La Merise just two blocks from our hotel. The menu portended a fine culinary experience: Trout, Steak au Poivre, Beef Bourguignon, Mussels, Escargot, Pate, Foie Gras, L'Assiette du Fromages, Crepes - and we were not disappointed. There were too many good things to have at once during lunch, so we immediately made reservations for dinner, that same day. Dinner was equally excellent. Our waiter, Jaymys, was wonderful, helpful with his suggestions regarding the menu and wine list. When my husband asked me why I was having wine with lunch, I responded, "Because I'm in a French restaurant." Very French indeed.

Date of visit: April 2018