“Indeed A Very French Restaurant”
Review of La Merise

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cherry Creek
Reviewed April 7, 2018

During our visit to Denver, we first tried two other Cherry Creek restaurants because they were very highly rated. One was an Italian restaurant, where the Bolognese sauce was mediocre. Another was an American grill, which was popular, but the food was not exceptional as their high rating led us to expect. In fact, La Merise was not even listed in the top 20. Then on our very last day, we found La Merise just two blocks from our hotel. The menu portended a fine culinary experience: Trout, Steak au Poivre, Beef Bourguignon, Mussels, Escargot, Pate, Foie Gras, L'Assiette du Fromages, Crepes - and we were not disappointed. There were too many good things to have at once during lunch, so we immediately made reservations for dinner, that same day. Dinner was equally excellent. Our waiter, Jaymys, was wonderful, helpful with his suggestions regarding the menu and wine list. When my husband asked me why I was having wine with lunch, I responded, "Because I'm in a French restaurant." Very French indeed.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 4, 2018

One of our favorite "go to" restaurants. You know what you are getting, which is well prepared bistro food in a relaxed environment. The prices are reasonable and their house wine very good value.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

First time here and thought it was fabulous
It is charming inside and very comfortable
Very welcoming staff and knowledgeable server
Started with the pate......delicious
Very generous portions for a french place
The steak was cooked to perfection and the potatoes crisp and seasoned well
Highly recommend this lovely gem

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

We went to La Merise for Denver’s restaurant week and were very impressed. My wife had the liver pate for an appetizer and I chose the mussels..we each enjoyed our choices...both of us had beef Bourgogne and it was very good, as well, although we thought they were smaller portions than usual which made sense to us..my wife opted for the crepe brûlée and I chose the chocolate mousse and both were very satisfying....we were both impressed with the wine we choose—a red blend and a very IMPRESSIVE pour based on other restaurant experiences. A most helpful and attentive wait staff.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Went here with my wife for brunch/lunch. It is very cozy and the kind of neighborhood place where we would go more often if we didn't live an hour away. The service was on-point and very friendly. We ordered soup, there cheese of the day, and an eggs benedict crepe with hashbrown to share. The cheese was so good we ordered a second portion to take home. The bottomless mimosas are also the way to go on a Saturday at lunch although their wine list is WONDERFUL! This was great bistro experience. Hope Paris is as good this summer.

Date of visit: January 2018