“Chef's Table worth the price!”
Review of Coohills

Coohills
Reserve with OpenTable
Coohills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #409 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th & Wewatta We are Just over the bridge off speer blvd
Transit: Coohills has 2 light rail stations close to us; Union Station and Pepsi Center Station. Our Closest Bus stops are 22574/22572, which serve routes 6, 10, 28, 32 and 44.
Description: Brand new restaurant in Denver. One of the few with a great view of the Rockies. Great food and wonderful atmosphere! Really enjoyed it!
Reviewed August 8, 2017

This is my second time taking a group to Coohills for the Chef's Table experience. It is a wonderful event! This time around, we did the 7 course menu with wine pairings. The sommelier and the executive chef put together a great pairing for the group! Everyone really enjoyed the food and the wine was a great match! The attention to detail and the personal explanations of the food and wine were both wonderful. Definitely recommend this experience as it does not disappoint!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Spotty service and overpriced and very small-portioned food entrees made for mixed feelings for our dinner before a Pepsi Center Event. Megan, our waitress was very cordial but continually failed to fill water glasses and took a long time to bring drinks after ordering. We ordered a steak entree and a fish entree. The steak was about 4 ounces and the fish was supposed to be 5 ounces but was more like 2 bites or 3 ounces, each for around $35. Not a great value but one of only a few choices for eating before events at the Pepsi Center. We suggest a different choice next time.

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Attended a group dinner in honor of a graduation. We were a party of nine and were seated in a lovely private room, which was nice. However the room was set up rather strangely, with four tables arranged in a square, with a large empty space in the middle. While the room looked nice, conversation was challenging due to the wide distance across.

The menu choices were slim. The only two items that were suitable for a pescatarian were salmon or a pasta with pesto. I ordered the salmon, which was delicious, but I would expect an upscale restaurant to have more interesting vegetarian and seafood options. Salmon and pasta-pesto are pretty standard menu items. On the plus side, cocktails were tasty and the bread was warm and wonderful. Starters were also good but, again, most appetizers were meat-based. Everyone else in my group is an omnivore and they enjoyed their meals, but I wouldn't recommend Coohills to a vegetarian.

Reviewed April 27, 2017

Simply put tastes great but not worth the price. I think that they could be packed every night if they lowered every drink by 2 bucks and every entree by 5.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

I recently had the opportunity to have dinner at Coohill's as part of a work function. We had a private dining room which was tastefully decorated. The service was very good. Items were brought out promptly and correctly, and drinks remained filled. The food was generally very good. The salad was fresh, and the fresh bread was very tasty. I had the New York strip steak with Brussels sprouts. There was also a side serving of potatoes and broccollini. The sides and the sprouts were very good. The Brussels sprouts in particular were prepared the way I like, not too bitter. The only disappointment I had was the steak. While it was cooked as I specified, medium rare, the meat itself was a bit tough and there was too much gristle in it. With the rest of the meal being so good, it further took away from what appeared to me to be a lower quality of meat. Dessert was also very tasty as I sampled the bread pudding.

Overall I would say that I enjoyed the experience, and will give it another try the next time I'm in Denver. I will avoid the steak though.

Been to Coohills? Share your experiences!