“Great Restaurant with the best year-round Patio in Denver”
Review of Coohills

Coohills
Reserve with OpenTable
Coohills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #436 of 3,271 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th & Wewatta We are Just over the bridge off speer blvd
Transit: Coohills has 2 light rail stations close to us; Union Station and Pepsi Center Station. Our Closest Bus stops are 22574/22572, which serve routes 6, 10, 28, 32 and 44.
Description: Brand new restaurant in Denver. One of the few with a great view of the Rockies. Great food and wonderful atmosphere! Really enjoyed it!
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The food here is delicious, and the bar is a great place to hang out! The patio has a beautiful view of the mountains at sunset, and with the cool fire-pit, you can sit there all year! The menu has everything from great pizzas and salads to gourmet dishes like scallops with butternut squash ceviche, and grilled octopus. I love to eat here!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is my third evening at Coohills. The food selection was meager. Too few entrees to choose from and most choices were boring. They offered lamb as an option, which would have been my choice had they offered mint jelly. Their explanation, mint jelly covers up the flavor. If your customers want mint jelly with THEIR lamb you should have it in hand. It's a little pretentious to tell the person ordering their food how they should season it. It will take some significant reason for me to return.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Splurge and sit at the chef's tasting table. We had a 5-course, chef's-choice dinner, and it was awesome. Some of the best food I've had in Denver. Tom served us himself, along with his excellent staff. He and his wife were great hosts, and we really enjoyed it. Coohills is a valuable addition to the Denver restuarant scene.

1  Thank Mark O
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had dinner with an out of town friend at Coohills last night and was generally happy, but...

It's a sleek, new, very hip kinda space, but being perched along Cherry Creek sorta softened the almost cold, moderne impact. Wine list is on an iPad...ok, cool. But why not the whole menu? Now that would be very cool! But it was clunky having menus and iPad on the 2-top.

Our server was prompt and super friendly, but the bar service was anything but. It was a pretty quiet nite yet waited a good 10-15 min for a simple Hendricks on the rocks and a glass of wine. Huh? Loved the bread. Salads excellent. Entrees tasty, decent portions, but disappointing. My swordfish was overdone, and my friend's sole special was underdone. Desserts were sublime, tho',maybe

Overall, thinking they're trying a little too hard to be cool, and in the process, they're losing something. Shudder to think what it'd be like with a packed house. If I could give it 3.5 stars I would, but not 4.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I will start this review by saying that I don't have much knowledge of french cuisine... so maybe this is great and I just don't know or appreciate it.

I have visited Coohills on several occasions (I work in the offices upstairs) and have found - as other reviewers have noted - that the portions are small and the food is extremely greasy. The things I have tried have lacked flavor.

Other reviewers have noticed the high proportion of staff - I agree with this observation. I actually found it a little uncomfortable to have so many people just standing around near the table.