“A Nice Change of Pace”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tremont
Transit: We are to blocks away from the 16 th street free mall shuttles
Description: Belvedere Restaurant is a Polish - Easter European Authentic Cuisine.We prepare and cook everything from scratch with a freshest ingredients offering our customers good quality in Polish food.If You are a food taster that the place to be with a wide variety of European Beers , Wines and Spirits....Make sure You toast with us and taste our fabulous food "NA ZDROWIE" !!!
Austin, Texas
“A Nice Change of Pace”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were recently in Denver and wanted to find something unique that our family would enjoy. Well, we found Belvedere, and it was a very nice change of pace.

First off, the space is small but cozy, suggesting a European feel, and we were greeted by Caroline. She took us through some of the menu options and we started with the Pierogi trio, which included potato/cheese, meat and sauerkraut stuffed versions. All had a little onion butter sauce on top that complimented the flavors, but the potato/cheese were the clear favorites. From there, my wife and I split the Schnitzel in hunter sauce, and our daughters had the Kielbasa and the “Italian Pierogis” (or something similar). We were all happy with our food, and they freely allowed exchange of sides, so the teens swapped sauerkraut for the oven roasted potatoes which were really good – and plenty of them.

We finished the meal by chatting with Caroline about her Polish roots, and felt we had a nice meal which was pretty unique. We all left full and happy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TXtraveler67

Denver, Colorado
“Polish Food Like Mom Makes”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Mouth-watering, scrumptiously wonderful taste of home...just like Mom's cooking. Went for my birthday last Sunday. It's hard finding any, if not a good, Polish restaurant in Denver. Coming from Chicago, I had high expectations. And was not disappointed. Service was quick, server was very friendly and informative, and food was delicious. We ordered the cheese plate appetizer to start and had cheeses from Europe that I have not tried/heard of before then. I don't remember all the different types we had (about 7) but found them appealing. Our entrée was the sampler platter, which had more than enough food for the three of us, and was very tradition Polish food. Although. the red beet soup was sweet, something I didn't expect, but totally enjoyable. Dessert was tea and poppy seed cake. I grew up with poppy seed bread, but never had poppy seed cake---now I won't eat anything else but the cake! The only reason I don't give them five stars is because the infused vodkas were not that good, the menu prices are a bit high, and I left my doggie bag on the table (I know, my fault not theirs). I will go back when I'm homesick again for some good, Polish food.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Cynthia34
Michigan
“Tasty and authentic Polish dining”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We looked for a Polish place on this trip to Denver and stopped in. The restaurant is on the smallish side, with several discrete nooks and alcoves, a bar, and a larger room to one side. The nooks provide comfortable and private dining with a comfortable and cozy feel.

We could not decide between the various appetizer, salad, soup, and entree offerings and went for the Belvedere Sampler with soup. The borsch is a clear and tart beet broth with two small meat-filled pierogies. My husband enjoyed the beef stroganoff soup.

The sampler tray had a golubki (cabbage roll), a "Polish meatball" (ground beef with egg and bread), sauerkraut, meat and potato filled pierogies, cucumber salad, a cutlet, and both smoked and unsmoked Polish kielbasa. Enough food for three but we managed to eat almost all of it!

I was curious that they didn't serve bread - it's usually a staple of Polish meals. They offer a good array of wines, Polish and other beers, and vodka. They had several beer cocktails listed on the drinks menu, which I've not often seen.

Our waitress was all alone in the place, which was about a quarter to a third full. But she cheerfully and efficiently kept everything running beautifully well.

I hope to be able to return - an enjoyable meal at a fair price. Maybe then it will be warm enough to sit outdoors on the wicker chairs.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank lietuva_9
Tulsa
“Wonderful Perogi!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The entire meal was so good, from the salad, to the Bigos, Perogi and Baklava. Top it off with Polish lager and a Warsaw mule, makes for a great dining experience!

2 Thank Rob S
Denver
“2nd and not close to the final visit”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Again, The Belvedere wowed us with their food. Soups, salads, and the sampler platter were tremendous. The service was excellent. Big, genuine smiles from the staff who are all experts in the food. We'll be back many more times.