“Limited options in the area, so we settled for the chain restaurant.”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #188 of 3,300 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Denver International Airport
Description: One of the many Ruby Tursday's
Reviewed October 14, 2012

After a week in Moab, Utah, we crossed back through Colorado to Denver and stayed near the airport for a flight home the following day. We cruised into our hotel about 6:30 only to discover there was not restaurant on the property and just limited choices nearby. As I had been driving all day, I was not interested in going far in search of food, so we made a quick trip along Tower Road and picked Ruby Tuesday as the lesser of the evils.

I have not eaten at a Ruby Tuesday in several years. It seemed that each time they changed their menu that they would drop the dishes that I liked. Also, the quality of the salad bar at our local venue kept declining. But I figured that it would be worth a shot (and I really was not in the mood for Italian, which was the other primary option in the area). So in we went.

We were promptly greeted at the door and taken directly to a booth. Our server was quick to stop by for drink orders. “I’ll have the Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.” “I’m sorry,” the server replied, “We don’t carry that.” “But it is listed on the drink menu.” OK, Ruby, fix the menu. I ended up with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It was only later in the evening when we were debating a second drink that my wife noticed that Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA was listed way at the bottom of the page, not with the rest of the IPAs. I would have had that had I seen it. Ok, partially my fault for not reading the whole list but when you are looking for an IPA, wouldn’t you expect them all to be listed in the IPA section? C’mon Ruby, the drink menu now has two strikes.

The menu actually had a lot of options. I went for the Jambalaya pasta. It was tasty, but they served it with the tails on the shrimp. OK, I’m fine with peel-and-eat shrimp or the tails on chilled shrimp, but it is just a pet peeve when a dish like jambalaya or seafood Alfredo comes with the tails on the shrimp comes with the tails on. Who wants to dig through the sauce to take the tails off; I do not. But, once I got through that, the dish was pretty good. Not great but certainly better than just edible.

I did have the salad bar with my dinner and that was very good. The bar was smaller than I used to see in other Ruby Tuesdays, but the items on the bar were all fresh. In fact, the salad was probably the highlight of the meal.

A bright spot was the service. Our server was friendly and checked on us several times during the evening. Our water glasses were kept full and the food was delivered in short order.

Overall, this was an average meal. Good enough as I was tired after a long day of travel, but not a place I would make a special trip to for dinner.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We enjoyed the salad bar, but my companion`s meal had too much pepper, and I didn`t enjoy the pepper on my sugar snap peas. The onion rings were enjoyable.

The best food was the chocolate sauce on the chocolate cake, it had REAL chocolate in it. Unfortunately, the strawberry sauce with the ice cream was dominated by sugar, not strawberries.

Our server was polite and prompt.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had dinner one night and lunch the next day at this Ruby Tuesdays while staying nearby. Both were great experiences. Food was quick and good. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had quick pleasant friendly service. Clean table and menus with delicious hot food, and good busy atmosphere. Good price.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a chain restaurant and they are the same everywhere. Service was pleasant and efficient. My chicken was not really hot, but I ate it anyway. My husband's beef was sent back for something else. Do not order a steak at a R.T. restaurant.

Been to Ruby Tuesday? Share your experiences!