“The only place to have Indonesian food in town”
Review of Jaya Asian Grill

Jaya Asian Grill
Ranked #786 of 3,104 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We first came to Jaya because we have been looking for some Indonesian food, not just Indonesian chicken satay (which is not like the real Indonesian chicken satay:)! We didnt have much expectations but this place rocks! The best food that we kept coming back for is their Ayam Goreng Kalasan or Kalasan Fried Chicken. And I love their tumis kangkung balacan or the stir fried water spinach. Feels like I were back home for a night. Have had relatives and friends there and they all like it. Their seafood fried rice is also excellent. And dont forget to order their desserts, they are all yummy.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Coming from an asian country like Malaysia, i do sincerely miss our food. Jaya did an excellent job in their nasi lemak(indonesia) and beef rendang.the sambal for the nasi lemak was not nice and lacked the authenticity of the usual nasi lemak. The beef rendang was really nice and spicy at the same time!!!

The worker was not polite at all and the owner is way better...

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I placed my order online and 10 minutes after it was "supposed" to be delivered, I called and they figured out that they actually had an order so now I am still waiting for my food and starving. I cannot rate the food because I don't have it yet, just really pissed about the wait and they didn't seem that sorry about it or offer to throw in any freebies.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

i took my wife and 4yr old to jaya because we had never tried malaysian food before and since we'll be moving soon to a place where malaysian food does not exist, we thought we'd order everything we wanted. IT WAS EXCELLENT. SERIOUSLY. we heard that malaysian food was their specialty so we stuck with that. we got
1.thai tea- it wasn't too sweet. it was perfect
2.crab rangoons-these were yummy. a great start
3.udang sambal goreng (shrimp)-this is a must. you must try these. they are far better than any tempura i've tried. don't go here without trying these
4.char kway teow (beef)-this stuff was probably my very favorite it think. it resembled mongolian beef but was way better
5.laksa- this was soup that tasted like curry. it was really good. REALLY. GOOD.
6.coconut rice- this was rice with a very subtle taste of coconut in it. i liked it
my 4yr old had trouble not staring at everyone. it's a very open concepted restaurant and maybe not the best place to take young kids. would be great as a date place though.

1  Thank Simplifire
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went here with our friend's Stephanie and Dave. We got crab wontons - they were really good. Probably among the best crab wontons we've had. Really flavorful, tasty, and no too greasy. I got hot and sour soup, and Meg got wonton soup. Good too - not the best she's ever had, but it was good. Dave and Stephanie got egg rolls - really good. Crispy, not greasy even though they were fried. Really tasty.

Stephanie got sesame chicken - good but it had too much breading and not enough chicken inside. But maybe that's the way it's supposed to be. It was also really sweet. Didn't want it to be that sweet. But it was still good. Meg got penang curry - really strong coconut flavor. Really tasty. Not too hot. I got beef dengu (or something like that). Really tasty sauce but it was sooo hot and spicy! Will make your nose run. Dave got low mein.

There weren't very many people there so the service was really good and the food came fast. We really liked it - fun place to eat. We would go there again. Yum! Four stars.