“Little gem”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Denver, Colorado
“Little gem”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Frist trip this week to the Hornet it had good food & great service no need to say more about that. Drink prices were just a bit to high, but they were very good "the Pain Killer"!! I work nights so I appreciate the kitchen is open to 12am. Overall very good burger joint.

Warrensburg, Missouri
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

All the food here is wonderful! Everything tastes fresh and full of flavor. Not greasy at all, and there are tons of options for all tastes. Great drink and beer selections, and a very trendy interior. We came for happy hour and stayed for dinner we had such a good time!

Boise, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Denver Neighborhood Spot”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Hornet has an excellent happy hour. Cheap, great tasting appetizers. Cheap draft beer specials. Excellent local produce and beef and chicken. Service was excellent. Can't wait to try the excellent looking brunch

Tyler, Texas
“Late Night Goodness”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had a late flight into DEN and was very hungry! My friend took me to The Hornet. We shared nachos, burgers, perogies and fries. Everything was very good and they had a large selection of beer. Our server was busy as the place was packed, but she was able to take very good care of us. I will definitely hit the hornet again next time I am in town.

• Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great spot for late night dining”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My fiance, sister and I were out after nine on a Sunday evening and had been turned away from two restaurants that were closing. At that point my sister headed towards Broadway and took us to the Hornet, which she was certain would be open late.
Sure enough, we got a table and looked over the menu. I had been here once before for brunch and had been impressed by their signature homemade poptart. For a late night dinner, I ordered one of their specialty drink infusions, a Pineapple Fizz and the Lobster Mac N Cheese. My sister had a turkey panini and my fiance had the bleu cheese bacon burger. We chatted amiably until our food arrived a short while later.

My mac and cheese was a good portion, garnished with a bacon chip, bits and green onions. Instead of traditional elbow macaroni, they used larger shells which held the melted cheddar and fontina sauce beautifully. There were large chunks of lobster and the bacon added salty, delicious crunch. I finished the entire bowl!

My fiance said his burger was good, and I tried a bite of my sister's sandwich- crispy bread, moist turkey and a tangy tomato bisque to dip in.

The next time I go back, I will definitely ask what was in the refreshing Pineapple Fizz- it might have been gin, but it didn't have the juniper aftertaste, so I was thinking it could be an infused vodka. Either way, it was a winner at 4 dollars. All around good experience.

• Visited June 2013