“Don't Stay At Double Tree Hotels”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Denver
chicago, United States
“Don't Stay At Double Tree Hotels”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

peeling wall paper and poor service are the items that stand out in this hotel chain. when asked to dispatch someone for an issue with my alarm clock, i was advised that no one was available. my wake up call did not happen.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Jon M
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Jon M,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We're sorry that we did not provide you with the outstanding service you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. I have personally discussed your concerns with both our housekeeping and front desk staff. We hope that the next time you are in the area, you'll give us another chance.

Hotel Manger
(303) 262-7701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Denver, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Our room was not only located next to the housekeeping office, which they were loud and in the hall outside our room frequently, but during out stay they decided to renovate what I am guessing used to be a room so that they could use it over the weekend, because by the last day of our stay, it had a hand written number on it and someone was staying in it. No refrigerator in the rooms and double beds, the room was plenty large enough to accomdate 2 queens, but thankfully I had booked the larger room to have the sleeper sofa for additional room, which by the way was a queen. Also, during out stay, either someone pulled the fire alarm or it was accidently set off, we were trying to get ready, as we had somewhere to be at a specific time, but had to evacuate our room until it was cleared up. Overall, I was not happy with our stay and was very disappointed when we checked out that even though I had mentioned these issues previously, nothing was mentioned or offered.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Racheal G,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your concerns are very important to us. We have addressed your issues with our staff. There are no excuses for the issues you faced while staying at our hotel. I asked that you give us another chance the next time you are in our area.

Denver, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is the one we always stay at when visit the National Jewish Hospital in Denve, colorado. They have a special rate for us as patients and cater to our needs such as having a refrigerator in the room for medication. All is good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cecil O,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your nice comments! We are happy we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you once again.

Huntington, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The bed was comfortable, TV, adequate, staff are friendly, but you won't sleep here! I was woken by train horns throught the night and early morning. Worst night ever! Don't even think about staying here if you want to sleep.The desk chair was uncomfortable and didn't adjust. I agree about the comment of no amenities, only a seasonal outdoor pool, no spa. I ordered an $8 soup from room service, with a 20% gratuity AND a $3 delivery charge! The soup was too salty to eat, but the man that delivered it said the gratuity was included. Also, as a Hilton honor member, I should have been put on the 5th floor instead of the 3rd floor. I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Dede A

Please accept my sincere apology that your experience was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you'll reconsider staying with us again.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

(303) 262-7701

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Masonville, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

3 day business conference here, and no complaints from me. Signs of age and wear and tear on the facility but my room was spotlessly clean if a bit worn. Staff super nice, from polished front desk folks comping breakfasts and cocktails for my (no problem) 10 minute wait to be sure my room was ready, housekeeping friendly, and since I parked out back by employee parking and sneaked out to smoke a cig by my truck every now and then, even hotel maintenance staff on break saying "How's it going man, enjoying your stay here?"
Hotel catered conference meals ranged from B- to A, mostly hits and only a couple misses.
Hotel contracted AV staff for presentations pounced on urgent complicated IT and meeting space problems and solved them immediately.
Not a great neighborhood, if you have ladders on top of your work truck lock em', not bungee cords, but that's big city Denver for ya. Sorry to my colleague who got his ladder stolen, but this aint South Park, dude.
Soundproofing on my room was good, I could hardly hear traffic, planes, trains, sirens, helicopters and all that other big city stuff. Good sleeps.
No complaints here.....this would be 3 star review except for nice staff so I bumped it to 4.
Nice conference discount rate so that's why I rate value as "high" don't know what normal rates are.

Room Tip: Elevators slow, get a 2nd floor room and take the stairs. To work off all the food and drink intake.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Dan F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. We are glad to hear about the great interaction with our friendly staff. We are also happy you found your room clean, as we expect nothing else but a clean room. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

It was a nice hotel, nothing extravagant but clean. But there weren't really any amenities. No free breakfast, no microwave or mini fridge in the room. They have a breakfast buffet that we didn't it because of the ridiculously high price. On the plus side it was across from a shopping center with some restaurants & a Wal-Mart. And only a few minutes from downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DanielleBrent,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback which is very important to us. Unfortunately not all of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves but they are available upon request. I am glad you enjoyed the Shops at Quebec Square. Please visit us again the next time you are in our area.

denver, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

stayed one noght for a even we were attending at the hotel. stay was pretty good, not very friendly staff and some charges on my card for water we did not use, but hotle refunded amount. Would possibly stay agian.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Miranda A,

First I would like to apologize for wrongful charges on your card. I am glad to hear that we resolved the issue quickly. We value you has a guest and expect nothing but friendly service from our staff members. Your comments will be addressed with the appropriate staff members. Thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely