“Good service. Old looking. Bad location.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very good credit most be given to the staff of the hotel, that make up for a lot of other things. Convenient location middle way between airport and downtown Denver. Everything works fairly good, but very dated looking hotel. Noisy rail tracks just next to it. Be prepared for a midnight wake up horn from the nightly train.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Genaro,

Thank you for the kind words about our staff, I really appreciate your candid feedback. I am happy to know that you found our location to be convenient and I apologize the train noise disturbed your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you in Denver again real soon.

303-262-7701

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We couldn't get hot water out of the sink faucet at all. We let the hot water in the shower run and run to finally get warm enough water to take a shower - didn't even turn on the cold in the shower. Room was so noisy they give you ear plugs with your toiletries. TV was dying and kept cutting out on all channels. Called maintenance and they couldn't fix it. Bathroom wasn't very clean. Towel was dirty that housekeeping brought. Would never stay here again. Fire alarm went off and they had to wait for fire dept to come shut it off.

Dear Tracy H,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver.

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Certainly our Housekeeping and engineering staff should have been more diligent when cleaning and inspecting your room prior to your arrival. There is absolutely no excuse for anything but clean and properly functioning equipment in our guest rooms. I will personally be discussing you experiences with all of my staff. I would also like to apologize that the fire alarm disturbed your stay.

I can readily understand your disappointment with your last stay with us. Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hotel is in between airport and town ( about 8 miles) The room was comfortable and clean. There was a young girl dance compation going on in the convention center which took almost all the parking and filled the pool area the whole time. I was not happy about that. Staff was friendly and requests were quickly taken care of.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RicEberle
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear RicEberle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your last stay with us. I see you felt your stay was satisfactory but at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver, we strive to provide a great experience for our guests. I readily understand your frustration with the lack of parking and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stay at the Doubletree North at least 3 nights a week and the staff is great. They are always attentive and hospitable. Meg and Hythan (think I spelled his name wrong), and Francis are always great. And Mulu in the bar and grill is a hard worker and very friendly.

Dear Michael V,

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate your candid feedback. Thank you for making the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North your home away from home. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked this Doubletree as opposed to my regular hotel I stay at next to the airport because of just enough of a difference in rate. However, had I know the extensiveness of the renovation going on, I might have just spent a little more and stayed where I usually do. I'll break it down:

The Good: Room was nice enough. Bed was comfortable. Linens felt pretty good. Nice feather pillows as opposed to those cheap foam pillows so many hotels are going to. Big Flat screen tv. Common area i.e.: lobby is beautiful. I wish my room had been in the lobby. LOL

The Bad: The halls are eerily dark. I mean, even smack in the middle of day, the hallways are so dark it is almost strange. Almost every single hall I went down had either paper, or visqueen plastic covering the carpet to keep the construction debris and equipment from ruining it. The elevators covered in construction paper or cardboard. The tiles in the hall covered in cardboard. Everything was covered in dust. Again, I get that its a renovation, but at some point you gotta make it somewhat pleasant for your guests. My room ( 253) was literally across from the main elevator the construction people used. It was constantly going, and they were constantly talking, LOUDLY. My room also overlooked the side door, where apparently the construction people park, stage stuff, and smoke ! And Talk, and curse, LOUDLY. It was a bad room for me to have, and as a diamond member, who's profile says "away from the elevator" a real let down.
My bathroom was ok, but again, dated, and in need of an overhaul. Vanity was dated. Tile in the shower around the faucets and handles appeared to be slapped onto an uneven wall, or either there was a major leak before and a poorly done repair job. Behind the commode was more jacked up tile. Toilet handle not on correctly. Just little things I notice being in so many hotels. I'm not particularly picky, but I expect a certain standard with Doubletree and this one just missed the marks.

Would I stay here again? ONLY if the renovation was completely finished and If the rate was considerably less than my other go to hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear taprennoc,

We really appreciate your candid and detailed feedback from your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apology that our renovations disturbed your stay. You will be happy to know the renovations that are being competed are addressing the concerns you mentioned. I do hope you will come back and visit us in 2014 to see the finished project.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a fairly good place to stay when visiting Denver. The hotel is centrally located, almost at the halfway point between DIA and downtown. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and, if you have a west-facing room, very quiet. Amenities include swimming pool, M/F saunas, hot tub, restaurant, two bars, onsite car rental, airport shuttle. Also, they give you warm chocolate cookies at the registration desk. Personal are friendly and helpful. Close by is Northfield, an outdoor mall with stores, coffee shops, couple of bars, restaurants and movie theater (has stadium seating). Access to I-70 is easy as is to downtown.
The bad, only thing I encountered that may be a negative was the parking. The hotel rents out it's ballroom and one night, a huge wedding party was attending. Had a difficult time finding parking until I realized there is a parking ramp behind the hotel. Would have been helpful if registration had mentioned the additional parking.

Room Tip: Rooms facing mountains (west) are quieter and have better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear SanFranTrvlr,

We really appreciate your nice review and candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I am glad to know that you found our team to be personal, friendly and helpful. Please accept my sincere apology that you had trouble finding parking. Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My son is at Johnson and Wales University. Many of the hotels offer family rates, which I love!! The lobby was stunning, and I think the rest of the hotel is catching up to that look. Room amenities: good. Service? Not sure how to rate it, since the 4 days I was there, only one person offered up a "good morning" and that was a cashier in the restaurant as I was walking by. We were woke up a couple times a night by the long loud train horns. (haven't read anything in past reviews about how close this hotel is to the train tracks. This will be a prime location when the train from downtown to the airport is complete.) No pool or jacuzzi. So if you are a family, you might take that into consideration. The prices of food is steep, so another factor. Since I travel with family, I will most likely stay farther up Quebec st, in a quieter hotel, with a pool.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear asharprd,

Please accept my sincere apology that your experience was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. We expect our guests to be met with friendly, helpful, well-trained personnel that put guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry this was not your experience. Please accept my sincere apology that the train disturbed your stay, as well.