DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #62 of 151 Hotels in Denver
chicago, United States
“great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for a seminar. It was a fantastic value. Not super luxury but the price was very fair especially considering the amenities. It was a pleasant easy trip and the staff were very helpful. They gave me a very good last minute rate to use the hospitality suite for some filming and were very helpful and accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear JuliaR,

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate your candid feedback. I am happy to know that you had a good experience and found our hotel to be a great value and our staff to be very helpful. We take pride in providing friendly and efficient service.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

303-262-7701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Upon my arrival to the hotel, I was informed that the hotel was completely sold-out. In an effort to help me find a room for the night, Patrick Costello (Night Manager) called several hotels in the area and the Diamond help desk, but was unable to locate a room for me. I had just driven 18 hours from Texas and I was not in any shape to continue driving around Denver looking for a room. I believe Patrick may have sense this and he went above and beyond to accommodate me with a room at this hotel. He allowed me to stay in a room that had an a/c issue but he provided me with a fan and comp’ed my stay. This type of service is almost unheard of these days, but it is nice to know we still have some great people in the world and Patrick Costello is one of them. I travel frequently for work and the next time I am in the Denver area; the Doubletree-Stapleton North will not only receive my business but my friends and family as well!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear SeattleLoneone,

Thank you for your nice review and for the great feedback on Patrick, I will make sure to share your comments with him personally.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and also recommending our hotel to your friends and family!

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here because it was the "Team Hotel" for a lacrosse tournament. It's in a great location, close to lots of shopping and close to Dick's Sporting Goods Park. Typical Doubletree inside the walls. Nice lobby, acceptable, if smallish, rooms, decent service. So average Doubletree. BUT, outside the walls is busy Quebec Street and RAILROAD TRACKS! Each night at about 2 am a freight train rolls by and sounds it's whistle! Other trains roll by during the day. Parking is marginal. So this Doubletree served it's purpose as a place to dwell between lacrosse games. But for next year's tournament there is another Doubletree a little further down Quebec, or the Renaissance, or the Courtyard, or anywhere away from the train tracks!

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the South side of the building as you can - that's where the train tracks...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Dlblcakburn87,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our location to be convenient and our lobby to be nice. Please accept my sincere apology that the train disturbed your stay.

Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Upon my arrival to the hotel, I was informed that the hotel was completely sold-out. In an effort to help me find a room for the night, Patrick Costello (Night Manager) called several hotels in the area and the Diamond help desk; but was unable to locate a room for me in the area. I had just driven 18 hours from Texas and I was unable to continue driving around Denver looking for a room. I believe Patrick may have sense this and he went above and beyond to accommodate me with a room at this hotel. He allowed me to stay in a room that had an a/c issue but he provided me with a fan (the only one in the hotel) and comp’ed my stay. This type of service is almost unheard of these days, but it is nice to know we still have some great people in the world and Patrick Costello is one of them. I travel frequently for work and the next time I am in the Denver area, the Doubletree-Stapleton North will not only receive my business but my friends and family as well!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Room and conference rooms were fine. Drinks in the bar were strong. There is a free shuttle from the airport and back, which is a good thing. The restaurant was the weak link in the chain. It is in a walkable neighborhood, so you may want to go to the store for food and stick to the bar for drinks. OK, but not somewhere I would seek out next time.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great staff, excellent facilities for business / conference visitors -- everything you can need. Did I mention great staff? They extended themselves to make our particular group welcome. The 24 hour fitness studio is handy.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Anthony S,

Thank you for your nice review and I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be great! I thank you for the feedback on our hotel and I will be discussing your comments with the entire team personally.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The rooms itself was fine, though a bit on the small side. I had a room with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. However the bathroom was tiny and not very functional. The showerhead did not provide a constant stream of water, the middle part of the shower head basically dribbled water (see picture), the bathtub fixtures were old, rusty, and made it difficult to adjust the water temperature, and there is very little counter space. The internet was painfully slow (almost dial up speed). I was unable to connect to my work e-mail because it was so slow. That was a huge issue for me.

At check in, I was not offered a cookie (I thought this was standard practice at doubletrees). After I remembered about the cookie I had to go back down and ask for one. The clerk that assisted me was extremely friendly and apologetic, but the front desk clerk that checked me in stood next to him and didn't say anything.

I will be staying here again in a few nights, hopefully that stay will be better.

• 2 of 5 stars
Dear Grego80977,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay, I am sorry that this was not your experience.

I can readily understand your disappointment with your last stay with us. Let me assure you that your concerns you expressedare getting my full attention and additional procedures are being established so other guests do not experience the same inconveniences. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.