“Didn't want to be in Denver, but this was an OK place to get dumped”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Farnborough, UK
“Didn't want to be in Denver, but this was an OK place to get dumped”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My flight back to London was cancelled so British Airways arranged for me to go to this hotel.

This hotel was OK, rooms were fine, WiFi was good so I could work on my enforced day there. Restaurant was good. All round good experience.

Its a 20 minute ride on the free airport shuttle and they took a detour to not get stuck in a snarl up on the freeway.

I needed a late check out because my flight was not until late and I didn't want to be stuck at the airport all day. It was free til 2pm then $50 till 6pm. Seemed reasonable.

I wasn't paying so unsure whether his place is cheap reasonable or expensive !

1 Thank stmalcolm
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear stmalcolm,

Thank you for your feedback while staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North. We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am happy to know that you had a good experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

303-262-7701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Certainly not what you expect at a Hilton property! The furniture in our room looked like it had been in a bar fight! The curtain rods were ripped out of the ceiling. The windows had a colony of growth between the panes. I had to roll over the bed to get to the other side if my roommate was at the desk. The vanity is very small - too small for 2 women sharing a room. Wireless in the room was ok, but did drop frequently. Wireless in the conference center was really slow. And then there is the train....LOUD! All night long...

But the cookie was good.

1 Thank Maureen M
Dear maurfun,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

We value you as a guest and I appreciate you taking the time and candid feed back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The weekend breakfast team is terrific! Great service, friendly staff and an overall pleasant experience. I would certainly return to this location if I needed to be in Denver again as the location is convenient, the facility is nice and the rooms are quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid the elevator, it is slower than Christmas
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joe n,

Thank you for your nice review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast experience during you stay. We take pride in providing friendly and efficient service.

I thank you for the feedback on our restaurant employees and I will be discussing your comments with the team personally.

Stapleton, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Other than minor issues like our room not being cleaned by housekeeping (granted we didn't leave our room until 11 am and had our "do not disturb" sign up until we left, aka they probably passed us), lack of parking, and the pool being closed (granted it was late April in Colorado) our stay was nice. We didn't spend an awful lot of time in the room anyways, but when we did it was nice and relaxing. We ordered Chinese because of the high price of room service, and were disappointed when they made us go down stairs and pick up silverware instead of bringing it to us when we asked (twice). But it was all good in the end. Doubletree is my choice, and although this wasn't the outstanding quality I normally experience with Doubletree hotels, it was acceptable and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Jessalyn S,

We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with the outstanding quality experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the housekeeping and parking challenges you encountered during your stay. Your comments will help us correct these issues.

I am happy to know you found the hotel to be nice and relaxing. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here two nights for work and had a comfortable stay, once I figured out how to get there. I kept missing the turn off. :) The hotel is very close to the freeway with easy access to downtown Denver and the airport. The hotel is being remodeled, although I wasn't bothered by any of the renovations. The noise was kept to a minimum. There was more noise coming from my heating/cooling unit than the construction. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Overall, this was an average Doubletree hotel and hopefully will improve once the full renovation is complete.

Dear Banshee123,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we appreciate your review. We understand renovations can be frustrating and we thank you for your patience. The current renovations are scheduled to be completed at the end of May and I hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Please accept my sincere apology that the AC unit disturbed your rest. Certainly our engineering should have been more diligent when inspecting your room prior to your arrival . I will be discussing your comments with the staff personally.

Sandy, Utah, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is being converted from a Red Lion to a Doubletree hotel. The first floor is undergoing a complete renovation and as such, there is noise above on the 2nd floor (where I stayed). I could hear the people in the room next to me every time they used the facilities. Im not just talking a flush...I'm talking EVERYTHING. The location is rotten and with the thin walls, the road noise and railroad noise were ever present. The check in process was quick and easy and the clerk was very nice. The room was clean and the HDTV was very nice. I gave the ac/heat unit a workout as I was trying to drown out the noise, so I wanted it constantly running for white noise. First the A/C...then when it got too cold, I would switch to heat. Anything to help drown out the noise. Don't stay here if you can help it...there are much better options around...especially for the money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are a sound sleeper!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear gdcadad,

We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us correct these issues.

I can readily understand your disappointment with our hotel. I do hope you will come back to the property to see the progress we have made with our renovations soon. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.

TOLEDO
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a nice stay at this hotel. We were in Denver for three nights and I don't have any complaints. The bed was comfortable, room clean, nice television, and plenty of room (except the bathroom was a little small but still not a problem). The staff was friendly and the check-in/check-out process was efficient. Last but not at all the least....the nightly price was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CHARISSE J,

We really appreciate your positive feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I am glad that you found our hotel to be comfortable and our staff to be friendly.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and also recommending our hotel to your friends and family!