“Rotten location, decent room, THIN walls...noise, noise, noise!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #69 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Sandy, Utah, United States
“Rotten location, decent room, THIN walls...noise, noise, noise!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is being converted from a Red Lion to a Doubletree hotel. The first floor is undergoing a complete renovation and as such, there is noise above on the 2nd floor (where I stayed). I could hear the people in the room next to me every time they used the facilities. Im not just talking a flush...I'm talking EVERYTHING. The location is rotten and with the thin walls, the road noise and railroad noise were ever present. The check in process was quick and easy and the clerk was very nice. The room was clean and the HDTV was very nice. I gave the ac/heat unit a workout as I was trying to drown out the noise, so I wanted it constantly running for white noise. First the A/C...then when it got too cold, I would switch to heat. Anything to help drown out the noise. Don't stay here if you can help it...there are much better options around...especially for the money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are a sound sleeper!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear gdcadad,

We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us correct these issues.

I can readily understand your disappointment with our hotel. I do hope you will come back to the property to see the progress we have made with our renovations soon. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.

303-262-7701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
TOLEDO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a nice stay at this hotel. We were in Denver for three nights and I don't have any complaints. The bed was comfortable, room clean, nice television, and plenty of room (except the bathroom was a little small but still not a problem). The staff was friendly and the check-in/check-out process was efficient. Last but not at all the least....the nightly price was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CHARISSE J,

We really appreciate your positive feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I am glad that you found our hotel to be comfortable and our staff to be friendly.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and also recommending our hotel to your friends and family!

Aalborg, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This was a Red Lion which has been partially (they think fully) remodeled. They only made first impression changes. In the bathroom onky updated the sink. The tub/shower area is still in the 1980s. The sink was clogged the first morning. When i came back the sink was nice and clean yet they didn't unclog. The second day it was clogged again. It took three days for them to unclog. They do NOT have washers and dryers on site so make sure you only have clean clothes with you. They do not have a fridge or microwave in the room. They did not tell me about the coupon system for breakfast so I didn't eat in the hotel the first two days. The third day and getting my coupons, the breakfast was nasty. Powdered eggs, frozen waffles, and unsweetened cranberry juice. I gave back my remaining coupons. Tonight they had something going on in the conference area. There was no parking available for guests. I had to circle the parking lot several times waiting for someone to leave.
Will I come back, no.
Will I recommend, no.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear RhodesPE,

On behalf of the staff and management of our hotel, I sincerely regret the poor experience you had while staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me about your experience.

Please accept my sincere apology that your experience was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Certainly our Housekeeping and engineering staff should have been more diligent when cleaning and inspecting prior to your arrival. There is absolutely no excuse for anything but clean and properly function equipment in our guest rooms. I will personally be discussing you experiences with all of my staff.

I can readily understand your disappointment with our hotel. I do hope you will come back to the property to see the progress we have made with our renovations soon. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is a good choice between staying downtown (expensive),or at the airport (distant)
I found it to be a great compromising choice, as I used the hotel's complimentary airport shuttle to get there, and then picked up my rental car from Enterprise, right next door, and significantly cheaper than the airport location prices.
And even if you chose not to get a car, you could still manage to get around locally by using the hotel shuttle to near-by Northfield shopping center, with many shops, theaters, and eateries.
Granted this hotel is not downtown , but it is very centrally located, with easy freeway access to DT, Cherry Creek, and other locals.
The hotel offers standard, pleasantly appointed rooms around a courtyard pool. A nice looby bar /lounge and a seperate restaurant, all make for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Try to get an interior courtyard room, for added quiet, and a better view than the local industrial...
1 Thank JMChep
Dear JMChep,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I am glad that you found are hotel to be in a convenient location and a great downtown alternative.

Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This DoubleTree is decent...don't expect to be blown away. The hallways are dark and dingy and the room furnishings could use an update. However, the hotel was clean and the staff was pleasant. Overall, a decent stay because of the staff and cleanliness.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear duluth1200,

Thank you for your nice review of the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North. I am glad to know that you found our staff to be very friendly and our rooms to be clean.

Please accept my sincere apology that your found our hallways to be dark. The staff and management of the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North, look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next trip to Denver.

Santa Maria, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spent 5 weeks at this location. Enjoyed the stay. Plenty of eateries close by. Good location for events that you might have planned around the Denver area. Employees are very nice and are ready and willing to help with any problems that you might encounter. Transportation is provided to and from the airport. Need to expand the dinner menu and possibly make it somewhat more affordable.

Room Tip: Rooms with a small balcony are very limited. At least you can crack the door open and allow fresh a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JWCornwell
Dear JW Cornwell,

Thank you for your nice review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay with us. We take pride in providing friendly and efficient service.

I would also like to thank you for the feedback on our restaurant menu offerings and I will be discussing your comments with the culinary team personally.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

There are two Doubletree's very close to each other . This one looks like it's been renovated recently Nice lobby and bar area with a fireplace. Very friendly staff! The rooms have been renovated and are very comfortable. No complaints though all in all a nice place to stay. They have a nice small gym to with decent treadmills.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear WSG34,

Thank you for your nice review of the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North. I am glad to know that you found our staff to be very friendly and our rooms to be comfortable.