“Very good food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
“Very good food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Melita's is a hidden gem, my wife found it by accident and we loved it. The food was great, the staff very friendly and overall a good place to have a great meal.

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What happened to the old staff?”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our office would order sausage or bacon breakfast burritos at least 2-3 times a month. I recently went in and was disappointed. Very different taste and texture. At first I did not notice but I think Melitas has new owners. What happened to the old cook? :-(

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank yolanda m
Denver, Colorado
“Cool market and good food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Interesting atmosphere (good and bad)-- it's got a diner feel to it and you step in line to order. The food is very good, though, and it's definitely worth a try.

Visited March 2013
Frederick, Colorado
“BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and are very disappointed in the place. Very small deli style shop. We showed up to eat but did not get service. We will not be back!

Maria G, Owner at Melita's Greek Cafe and Market, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I"m sorry you had a bad experience. If you stopped in for the first time and we were busy, you may not have noticed that we don't offer table service. We have a sign at the end of the counter that reads "please order here". Perhaps you sat at a table and expected a waiter or waitress to take your order. Many times, customers come in and sit while they wait for a friend or the rest of their party to arrive and so we don't "bother" folks who do that. Again, I'm sorry and I really hope you try us again. Please send me your email at maria@melitasgreekcafe.com and I'll be glad to offer you a discounted meal.
TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorite restaurants in Denver”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Well this is a gem. My daughter & son-in-law live a street over from Melita's. This was one of several Denver restaurants I went to while there a few months ago. The food (and sauces) are fresh, made to order, and timely. Atmosphere is casual with very friendly staff who know their product and are happy and proud to talk about it.

Our order was two Falafel Platters and one of the several types of burgers that are offered.
There is also a market section towards the front with grocery items for purchase. There are a few tables out front if you wish to eat outside.

I went on the website yesterday to see if they offered gift certificates - (Christmas gift) - I didn't see an option, so called. My call was returned and unfortunately they don't, so it'll be my pleasure to treat when I'm next out there.

I understand why this great little place has been in business since the early 1900's. THAT is the 'way it is done'.

Visited October 2012