“Interesting quick little stop”

The Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank - Denver Branch
Ranked #57 of 272 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: The Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Denver Branch offers a unique and up-close look at the nation’s financial system in action. Visitors can learn more about the Fed, view aspects of the payments system and discover how the Fed promotes a healthy economy which positively impacts our daily lives.Admission is free.
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We were walking in Denver and decided to stop here. It is a nice little museum with interesting exhibits. We enjoyed making our own money, trying to detect counterfeit money, and seeing the various out of print bills on display. You also get your own bag of shredded money which our children thought was really cool! Great little stop!

1  Thank JeJmom
in 4 reviews
"short visit"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in town for a conference, and in between lectures, I found that I had a few hours to kill. I searched online for a nearby attraction to help pass the time. The Money Museum came up. I needed to kill roughly three hours, and while I learned some, as a whole, I needed to find something extra to keep my attention. Good, but not great. 3 out of 5.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We really enjoyed this museum; though I wouldn't anticipate spending more than half an hour there. The displays are compact but full of information; there is a "design your own money" display designed for kids that this 40-something enjoyed thoroughly. We were lucky enough to see a K-9 officer that had come out to see a school group. Unfortunately, I have to say, "skip the video." Economics and money policy makes my eyes glaze over and I was not any more enlightened or enthusiastic about what the Fed does after I left the theatre. But on the whole great resource.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The exhibit is very small consisting of a few buttelin boards and a video about the Fed. I found it to be very interesting and informative; in fact I liked this museum much better than the history museum we visited in Denver. And you get to take a bag of shredded money with you when you leave!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This "museum" sits right on the 16th street mall; easy to find. Entry requires a short process through Security - similar to airport security except you get to keep your shoes on. Everyone is very pleasant and willingly offers a brief over view of their displays. There is a central table to allow children to "make their own money" with crayons and paper. There are panels providing the history of the Reserve and facts about money. Included in this small museum is a room to sit and watch a rolling video about the Reserve. I found the display on counterfeit money interesting; personally I could not identify the difference between the real bill versus counterfeit. Upon your departure, each guest is allowed to take a "bag of money" - its actually shredded money equivalent to about $165. A small, fun memento from the Reserve.

Travelers who viewed The Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank - Denver Branch also viewed

Been to The Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank - Denver Branch? Share your experiences!